How can I import original texts into a word template so that translation uses the very same template
Thread poster: psicutrinius
psicutrinius
psicutrinius  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:29
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 1, 2017

I get texts for translation (English into Spanish), which contain also a digest in German and in French (which are not to be translated, of course).

I am supposed to translate them into a pemplate, by just substituting the text in the template (a fake text, like this below):

5 LA FAÑLKDFJ FAÑLSKDFJ FAÑLDFKJÑALFDFA

Ekh prlkaslkantlka ephnvlkancephón slka rlkaaepsephlkarlka, dlka maedae glkanlkarkhl, kh lkambkhlkhjlkas ae lkallkamlkantaes dlka ck
... See more
I get texts for translation (English into Spanish), which contain also a digest in German and in French (which are not to be translated, of course).

I am supposed to translate them into a pemplate, by just substituting the text in the template (a fake text, like this below):

5 LA FAÑLKDFJ FAÑLSKDFJ FAÑLDFKJÑALFDFA

Ekh prlkaslkantlka ephnvlkancephón slka rlkaaepsephlkarlka, dlka maedae glkanlkarkhl, kh lkambkhlkhjlkas ae lkallkamlkantaes dlka ckhrtón pkhrkh rlkatlkanlkar mh
maestrkhr rlkacephpephlkantlkas. Más lkasplkacíaepsephckhmlkantlka, lkh ephnvlkancephón slka rlkaaepsephlkarlka kh iven lkallkamlkantae dlka ckhrtón dlkal tephpae
dlkaaepsephnephdae lkan lkal prlkaámbivelae dlka lkh rlkaephvephndephckhcephón 8th. Lkh ephnvlkancephón slka rlkaaepsephlkarlka khdlkamás kh ivenkh pephlkazkh
ephnephcephkhl pkhrkh aepsaermkhr iven lkallkamlkantae dlka ckhrtón slkagenñn lkal prlkaámbivelae dlka lkh rlkaephvephndephckhcephón 8, khsí caemae kh iven
métaedae pkhrkh aepsaermkhr iven lkambkhlkhjlka. Llkagenñn lkal prlkaámbivelae dlka lkh rlkaephvephndephckhcephón 8, khsí caemae kh iven métaedae pkhrkh
aepsaermkhr iven lkambkhlkhjlka.

which may run into 30+ pages, by just substituting the text above by the translated one.

The question is, how to extract the original text to translate into a template like this one and then loading it into memoQ (fully updated, at the moment memoQ 8.1.4) and translate this normally with memoQ?.

Thanks in advance for any idea (and/or proper bibliography, which I have been unable to find so far)

Marcel
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:29
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hidden text? Jul 3, 2017

Hello! I cannot imagine how to create a template as the one you are describing.
If it were me, I would copy the text to be translated and paste it over the fake text, substituting it. Next, I would hide everything that should not be translated. The imported document into memoQ will only contain the text to be translated. When the translation is finished, I will export everything as usual, click Select all, and unhide the hidden text.

Regards

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I import original texts into a word template so that translation uses the very same template

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »