Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Are you able to meet with friends or family in person at the moment?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:22
Member (2008)
Italian to English
I have no idea. Aug 22, 2020

ProZ.com Staff wrote:

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Are you able to meet with friends or family in person at the moment?".

View the poll results »

Due to the contradictory information provided by our incompetent and mendacious government, I have no idea what they think I should do and I don't believe them anyway. So I rely on other non-governmental sources to make my decisions. On that basis I consider it far too dangerous to meet personally with other people - whoever they are and no matter how wrong they may think I am. That's because a few years ago I had a big health scare that involved a lung infection and fever that had me on my back, unable to move, for several days and was accompanied by a horrible psychological state of depression. I thought I was going to die. I've heard that the effects of Covid-19 are a bit like that, but much worse. So I'm doing everything possible not to catch it. It isn't worth the risk.

[Edited at 2020-08-23 13:43 GMT]

sarandor
expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 02:22
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I avoid it and I follow the rules Aug 22, 2020

My family isn't big, and my circle of friends is very small. I also have relatives in different regions of Portugal, and my friends are abroad.
I try to avoid visiting more often my father due to his age, and health condition. My mother died of sepsis on October 2018.
I have visited him last month... It's heartbreaking... we can't hug, kiss, only cry.
My younger sister had Covid-19. She was in contact with infected patients without knowing it, so... this was somehow expected...
... See more
My family isn't big, and my circle of friends is very small. I also have relatives in different regions of Portugal, and my friends are abroad.
I try to avoid visiting more often my father due to his age, and health condition. My mother died of sepsis on October 2018.
I have visited him last month... It's heartbreaking... we can't hug, kiss, only cry.
My younger sister had Covid-19. She was in contact with infected patients without knowing it, so... this was somehow expected... unfortunately.
I paid her a visit, but she's a bit different. She doesn't visit me anymore or talk.
I also have one more sister and the last day we were together was in the beginning of this month to visit my mother's grave.
It's true this horrible infection brings more physical complications, but the mind is also affected.
In my daily life I take precautions and I follow the regulations. With an autoimmune disease I should be more careful with myself and with others.
Life is too short, but I want to live more to enjoy my good old days with my small family and my restricted circle of friendship

[Edited at 2020-08-22 16:31 GMT]
Collapse

Tom in London

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Are you able to meet with friends or family in person at the moment?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »