Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: Have you ever shouted at a client?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Nov 20, 2020

[Edited at 2020-11-20 14:48 GMT]

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Priti shocking Nov 20, 2020

This thread is bang on topic given that today our beloved Prime Minister decided to ignore an independent report finding that the Home Secretary (the third most important minister, responsible for things like law and, er, order) has been bullying her staff, including “shouting and swearing”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076

My views on this are
... See more
This thread is bang on topic given that today our beloved Prime Minister decided to ignore an independent report finding that the Home Secretary (the third most important minister, responsible for things like law and, er, order) has been bullying her staff, including “shouting and swearing”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55016076

My views on this are somewhat complicated by the fact that I would happily pay a large amount of money, maybe as much as £16.50, to be shouted and sworn at by Priti Patel as she is an absolute goddess and I so totally have the hots for her; if anyone could make me want to give S&M a try it would be her. But I digress...

This seems to be the new way in politics these days. Conventions and decorum and truth and manners seem to have gone out of the window. How long before this filters down into real life, even in repressed cultures like Sweden, Japan and the UK where we’re only ever allowed to seethe, or maybe raise an eyebrow if we’re really struggling to keep it all in?

And no, ProZ Police, you can’t delete this post for being political, because I haven’t said a word about what a bunch of lying, incompetent XXXXXXXX the XXXXXX are, dragging us out of the XX and killing off the XXXXX in care homes and jumping into bed with the Orange XXXXXX over the water. No, I haven’t said anything about that at all.

(Edited after receiving a shouty, sweary phone call from what I at first thought was Priti herself, but turned out to be an angry moderator who was done with seething and couldn't raise an eyebrow having lost both of them last year in a bizarre photocopying accident at ProZ HQ)

[Edited at 2020-11-20 16:47 GMT]
Collapse

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Matthias Brombach
P.L.F. Persio
Zibow Retailleau

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
This just in: Nov 20, 2020

Ministerial security was stepped up this afternoon ahead of a cabinet meeting, after a man repeatedly rang Downing Street offering his services free of charge to Home Secretary Priti Patel as what he called a “verbal punchbag” for her shouting and swearing.

Priti Patel was “smoking”, a Home Office spokesman told us by phone later, hastily clarifying “with rage, I mean, with rage”, when questioned further. An angry female voice and what sounded like furniture being broken
... See more
Ministerial security was stepped up this afternoon ahead of a cabinet meeting, after a man repeatedly rang Downing Street offering his services free of charge to Home Secretary Priti Patel as what he called a “verbal punchbag” for her shouting and swearing.

Priti Patel was “smoking”, a Home Office spokesman told us by phone later, hastily clarifying “with rage, I mean, with rage”, when questioned further. An angry female voice and what sounded like furniture being broken could clearly be heard in the background.

[Edited at 2020-11-20 16:52 GMT]
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Christopher Schröder
P.L.F. Persio

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:56
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Haaaaa ...! Nov 20, 2020

Chris S wrote:

but turned out to be an angry moderator who was done with seething and couldn't raise an eyebrow having lost both of them last year in a bizarre photocopying accident at ProZ HQ)
]

I too often suffer from dry eyes at work, but today I don´t. The same with the rings under my eyes: gone, but not by a photocopying accident ... keep on, please!

Mervyn Henderson (X)
P.L.F. Persio
Christopher Schröder

Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 22:26
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Once Nov 20, 2020

I did shout in text form with red coloured caps just once when the client just did not care to make a long overdue payment.

Sadek_A
Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Nov 20, 2020

Chris S wrote:
I so totally have the hots for her

Careful! Someone might use almost this same line to make a nice 18+ joke (which is baked and ready, btw)!

Gibril Koroma
Gibril Koroma  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:56
French to English
+ ...
No Nov 21, 2020

I have never done that and will never do that.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever shouted at a client?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »