Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:47
French to English
. Dec 16, 2020

Chris S wrote:

Farewell, my old friend. You provided entertainment where there was despair, shed light where there was none, caused argument where there was no need, and ultimately disappointed nearly everyone. But now it seems your job is done, your mission complete. God speed.

Doesn't look like Proz planned ahead work-wise regarding poll questions does it!
But if you're that sad about it, Chris, I'm sure you could do something about it. You might want to keep it in the frivolous thread though

P.L.F. Persio
writeaway
Barbara Carrara
Christine Andersen
Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:47
Member (2008)
Italian to English
I plan everything ahead Dec 16, 2020

I know what I'm going to have for lunch. I know what I'm going to do for the rest of the day.

Nobody could ever do anything unless they first planned out how they were going to do it.

So I find the question really quite silly. Isn't pretty b****y obvious that before I begin a translating job I plan how I'm going to do it?

[Edited at 2020-12-16 11:19 GMT]

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
But think Dec 16, 2020

Sanjin Grandić wrote:

The less I plan the better it works for me.
The only sure thing are my 45 days off in summer on my boat sailing on the Adriatic sea from island to island.

That is why I work all year long ...

But you've forgotten all the planning you need to do just to get your boat working. I get tired just thinking about what must be involved in that.

P.L.F. Persio

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
It's no real loss. It's been incredibly repetitive for a long time Dec 18, 2020

Chris S wrote:

Farewell, my old friend. You provided entertainment where there was despair, shed light where there was none, caused argument where there was no need, and ultimately disappointed nearly everyone. But now it seems your job is done, your mission complete. God speed.

I was about to make a similar comment. In any case, it's so repetitive that some colleagues seem to have a TM of ready responses that they pull out to reply by posting the same thing over and over again. I have the impression that the new 'go-to' page is the WIWO braggers' forum.

Christopher Schröder
Rachel Fell
Jennifer White
Barbara Carrara

Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Quick Poll AND Poll Dec 19, 2020

Do we really need both a Quick Poll and a Poll with the same topic running in two different areas on the ProZ homepage?
I mean, the current Quick Poll has been up since 26 November!
And there appears to be no way of hiding this 'feature' from the homepage.

writeaway

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
that could be a poll question Dec 19, 2020

Poll:

Do we really need both a Quick Poll and a Poll with the same topic running in two different areas on the ProZ homepage?

Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Poll Dec 19, 2020

Tom in London wrote:

Poll:

NAY

writeaway

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Work-wise, I tend to try to plan ahead:

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »