Easier/Quicker way to lock segments in WFP4
Thread poster: Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Brazil
Local time: 08:34
English to Portuguese
Mar 20, 2017

In WFP4, in order to lock a segment, I use the shortcut "Alt+L", which locks one segment at a time.

However, that is very troublesome and it takes too long.

1. When I use "Alt+L", I lock a segment, but I don't automatically go to the next segment, so I have to use "Alt+Down" and again "Alt+L" to lock the next segment.

2. Is there any way to lock multiple segments at once?

Why do I need this feature? A: I want to be able to send the file to exte
... See more
In WFP4, in order to lock a segment, I use the shortcut "Alt+L", which locks one segment at a time.

However, that is very troublesome and it takes too long.

1. When I use "Alt+L", I lock a segment, but I don't automatically go to the next segment, so I have to use "Alt+Down" and again "Alt+L" to lock the next segment.

Why do I need this feature? A: I want to be able to send the file to external translators with a clear indication of which translated segments they are not allowed to change. In some cases, there are many segments that I would like to lock and the process I've just explained takes too long and it's exhausting.
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:34
Member (2006)
French to English
Lock via current project view > Analyze Project Mar 21, 2017

From the current project view, you can use Analyze to "Lock segments with 100% matches from being edited."

Kind regards,
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Easier/Quicker way to lock segments in WFP4

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »