Thread poster: Mark Seth
Mark Seth
Mark Seth
Denmark
Local time: 09:32
German to Danish
+ ...
Nov 24, 2017

Some words are marked as spell check errors i crossView, although they aren't and I cannot see them as errors in the individual segments. E.g. all segments with the word "hoveddør" (a valid Danish word) are registered in the spell-check error column, but since the word doesn't show with a red line underneath, I cannot add it to my dictionary (where it already is) or ignore it.

Does anybody know what might be the cause? (I'm very much a newbie in Across)

Thanks!

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
English to German
Spell checking settings Nov 24, 2017

Hi Mark,
that is a nice question. Whenever the CrossView indicates things in terms of Spell-Checking I right click it and re-run the check. This mostly sets things straight. It also could be something crazy, but check that first.
Furthermore I definitely recommend to have a look at the "Profile" settings and to have a look what is set here, because for your language it might make sense to use the Office dictionary instead of the Across built-in sentry checker. Anyway, check out the
... See more
Hi Mark,
that is a nice question. Whenever the CrossView indicates things in terms of Spell-Checking I right click it and re-run the check. This mostly sets things straight. It also could be something crazy, but check that first.
Furthermore I definitely recommend to have a look at the "Profile" settings and to have a look what is set here, because for your language it might make sense to use the Office dictionary instead of the Across built-in sentry checker. Anyway, check out the different setings here because that is generally very helpful.
Have a good one ...
Gerald
Collapse

Mark Seth
Mark Seth
Denmark
German to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Nov 24, 2017

Thanks Gerald - re-running the check seems to have worked

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

False spell check positives in Across

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »