Move exported Excel files to the appropriate subfolders
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
May 11, 2018

When you have to translate a project that consists of many Excel files in several subfolders, CafeTran Espresso 2018 will import all of them with no hassle.

However, when you're ready and want to export the translated files, you can only export to one folder.

Here's a macro to move all exported files to the appropriate subfolders. You'll have to export to the Export folder on your Desktop and to place (a copy of) all imported files in the correct subfolder
... See more
When you have to translate a project that consists of many Excel files in several subfolders, CafeTran Espresso 2018 will import all of them with no hassle.

However, when you're ready and want to export the translated files, you can only export to one folder.

Here's a macro to move all exported files to the appropriate subfolders. You'll have to export to the Export folder on your Desktop and to place (a copy of) all imported files in the correct subfolders in the Import folder on your Desktop. (E.g. unzip the ZIP file that you received to the Desktop and rename the top level folder to Import.)

Untitled

Download the macro at: https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/uploads/default/original/3X/4/4/44c86cc99e2e1176f06375825e7be04338797daf.kmmacros

Edit: I'll change the macro so that you'll be able to select the Import folder (which normally will be the name of the unzipped ZIP package).

[Edited at 2018-05-12 16:41 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Updated macro May 22, 2018

I'll change the macro so that you'll be able to select the Import folder (which normally will be the name of the unzipped ZIP package).

It took me a while to get there, but here it is:

NewMacroVersion

The new version of the macro (I've changed the name), can be found here:

https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/uploads/default/original/3X/9/8/98c5a6ebaae7d6f2b773f0ac87057b8dc09e52e7.kmmacros

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Move exported Excel files to the appropriate subfolders

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »