Omit forbidden terms in Translation results window?
Thread poster: jccantrell
jccantrell
jccantrell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:50
Member (2005)
German to English
Sep 6, 2020

Hi folks.
MemoQ translator pro Version 9.4.11

I am wondering if there is a way to omit displaying forbidden terms in the Translation results pane.

I work with a customer who, over the years, has eliminated many suggested term translations but has left them in as forbidden terms. It only becomes a problem when there are 3 accepted terms and 47 forbidden terms. I do not really want to change the termbase, I just want to filter the presentation. If I use one of the i
... See more
Hi folks.
MemoQ translator pro Version 9.4.11

I am wondering if there is a way to omit displaying forbidden terms in the Translation results pane.

I work with a customer who, over the years, has eliminated many suggested term translations but has left them in as forbidden terms. It only becomes a problem when there are 3 accepted terms and 47 forbidden terms. I do not really want to change the termbase, I just want to filter the presentation. If I use one of the invisible forbidden terms, good, I will take the QA hit. However, the problem is scrolling down through 47 forbidden terms to get to that last ONE accepted one.

I have seen any settings that will do that under the eye. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
cantrell
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:50
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Disable its checkbox in the Translation Results customization Sep 6, 2020

You can easily customize the appearance of the Translation Results pane. Right-click on the pane, choose "Customze Appearance...", then choose the "Lookup results" tab, and there you have the different types of elements you can show in the translation results. I reckon that disabling the checkbox for "Non-translatable" should do the job!

I hope this helps!

jccantrell
jccantrell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:50
Member (2005)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Not that one Sep 6, 2020

Hi Tomas,
Thanks for that try. I put it in, applied it, and still no joy

Any other hints?

Yours,
cantrell

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Omit forbidden terms in Translation results window?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »