Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:35
Spanish
+ ...
Sep 8, 2020

Hello everyone.

I am working on a server-based project on MemoQ.

I have my own QA resource which I prefer to the default. However, the Default model is used as the Default resource.

I want to run the QA check with my own QA model either during the translation or at the end (the former would be better), but I don't know how to do that.

I don't want to remove the Default, just use mine temporarily just like in Studio.

Thanks.
<
... See more
Hello everyone.

I am working on a server-based project on MemoQ.

I have my own QA resource which I prefer to the default. However, the Default model is used as the Default resource.

I want to run the QA check with my own QA model either during the translation or at the end (the former would be better), but I don't know how to do that.

I don't want to remove the Default, just use mine temporarily just like in Studio.

Thanks.

Claudia
Collapse

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
Online project Sep 9, 2020

Hi Claudia,

I assume you are talking about online memoQ projects which are assigned from your client.

Since the project is assigned from the client, I don't think you can change the setting.
If you want to run your own QA, I think you can export the translation, set up your own new local projects (with your own QA setting) and run QA on the exported file.

Or if you think your own QA adds value to your client, then how about explaining that to the clie
... See more
Hi Claudia,

I assume you are talking about online memoQ projects which are assigned from your client.

Since the project is assigned from the client, I don't think you can change the setting.
If you want to run your own QA, I think you can export the translation, set up your own new local projects (with your own QA setting) and run QA on the exported file.

Or if you think your own QA adds value to your client, then how about explaining that to the client and ask if they can change QA setting as you suggested?

Akiko
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:35
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 9, 2020

Akiko Nagashima-Detke, MITI wrote:

Thank you Akkiko, that is actually a great idea and it would work for my particular project.

Have a good one.

Clau

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I use my own QA settings (instead of default) for a server-based project

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »