Amanda N
Amanda N  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:16
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 4, 2016

Hi,

I´m new in the forum and trying to fill in my profile. Unfortunately I filled in the wrong rates and now can´t seem to delete or correct it. I think I already tried all features. Anyone here who knows what to do?

Now I just tried to choose not to show my rates at all and I got it confirmed by: " You've indicated that you don't want to enter general rates". But the same rates still show.

I appreciate it very much if someone has the energy to help... See more
Hi,

I´m new in the forum and trying to fill in my profile. Unfortunately I filled in the wrong rates and now can´t seem to delete or correct it. I think I already tried all features. Anyone here who knows what to do?

Now I just tried to choose not to show my rates at all and I got it confirmed by: " You've indicated that you don't want to enter general rates". But the same rates still show.

I appreciate it very much if someone has the energy to help Thanks!

Br, Amanda
Collapse

Patricia Ferreira Larrieux
Patricia Ferreira Larrieux  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:16
English to Italian
+ ...
Click on "Force Visitor View"... Apr 5, 2016

...to see how others see your profile. Go to>View Profile and you'll find it at the top of the screen.

I just checked your profile, and your rates are not showing

Hope this helps!

Patricia
... See more
...to see how others see your profile. Go to>View Profile and you'll find it at the top of the screen.

I just checked your profile, and your rates are not showing

Hope this helps!

Patricia

PS: You can also check the FAQs http://www.proz.com/faq/21890#21890 and this other thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_profile_help/281473-rates_showing_in_profile.html
Collapse

Blessing Uzuegbu
Blessing Uzuegbu  Identity Verified
Nigeria
Local time: 12:16
Member (2018)
English to Igbo
+ ...
how to show rate on profile Apr 5, 2016

Hi Amanda,
If you want to show your rate on your profile, followe this simple steps :
1)on your profile, there is a pencil link, click on it to take you to rate settings.
2) on the rate settings, there is column for minimum and standard rate, fill in your rates, ensure that the standard rate is greater than the minimum rate.
3) on the side corner, choose show rate to everyone and in the directory. Also tick the botton below if you want to use the same rate for all yo
... See more
Hi Amanda,
If you want to show your rate on your profile, followe this simple steps :
1)on your profile, there is a pencil link, click on it to take you to rate settings.
2) on the rate settings, there is column for minimum and standard rate, fill in your rates, ensure that the standard rate is greater than the minimum rate.
3) on the side corner, choose show rate to everyone and in the directory. Also tick the botton below if you want to use the same rate for all your language pairs.
4) click on save
5) scroll down and click on update profile. Your rates will show on your profile.
I hope this helps.
Collapse

Amanda N
Amanda N  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:16
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem fixed Apr 5, 2016

Thank you so much for the hints Patricia and Uzuegbu,

The problem is fixed. I simply didn't know that what you see and what others see are different. But it´s like you said, Patricia, clicking on the "Force Visitor View" shows what it should (despite of what is showed in my own profile view, which still is different for some reason).

Thank you both!

Amanda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can´t change or delete the rates on my profile

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »