Visitors tab > Came From > "ProZ Search" - What's that?
Thread poster: Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:04
English to Italian
Sep 27, 2018

As per subject, I just noticed a (non clickable) "ProZ Search" in the "Came From" column of my "Vistitors" tab. What's that?

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
There is a search link Sep 27, 2018

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

As per subject, I just noticed a (non clickable) "ProZ Search" in the "Came From" column of my "Vistitors" tab. What's that?

Hi Mirko,

I think this is Proz Search: https://www.proz.com/?sp=search

You can search there for someone's name for example.

Actually yesterday I had a visitor from a forum thread and in my Visitors' tab it appeared as Came from: "proz.com". And the proz.com link referred to a forum post of mine.
Since there is a Came from: "Forum" and it is also clickable, I was wondering how this "proz.com" differs from the "Forum" visit?

Bests,
Katalin

[Edited at 2018-09-27 12:53 GMT]

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure Sep 27, 2018

Katalin Szilárd wrote:

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Hi Mirko,

I think this is Proz Search: https://www.proz.com/?sp=search

You can search there for someone's name for example.

Actually yesterday I had a visitor from a forum thread and in my Visitors' tab it appeared as Came from: "proz.com". And the proz.com link referred to a forum post of mine.
Since there is a Came from: "Forum" and it is also clickable, I was wondering how this "proz.com" differs from the "Forum" visit?

Hi Katalin. I just tried that (from a non logged in session), but the visit from the search page you linked shows as coming from "Direct Link/Unknown"... and that's weird too, as that definitely came from "proz.com"...

[Edited at 2018-09-27 13:01 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visitors tab > Came From > "ProZ Search" - What's that?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »