Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Beware of 'Riham' Language Met (Languagemet)
Thread poster: Anna Mattsson
Shushanik Avagyan
Shushanik Avagyan  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 21:43
English to Armenian
+ ...
Heba Adel from "Language met company" Jul 26, 2013

I RECEIVED THIS TODAY:

Dear Sir / Madam,,,
Hope you are doing well.
I am a project manager , I am searching about a lot of translator to enlarge my company( language met)
And which deals with freelance translators with all languages to expand our work in the field of translation through highly qualified translators.
If you were interested please fill down the required information in the table.
And if you are signing of the agreement attached .
... See more
I RECEIVED THIS TODAY:

Dear Sir / Madam,,,
Hope you are doing well.
I am a project manager , I am searching about a lot of translator to enlarge my company( language met)
And which deals with freelance translators with all languages to expand our work in the field of translation through highly qualified translators.
If you were interested please fill down the required information in the table.
And if you are signing of the agreement attached .We wish you to be a good addition to our team

Capacity
CAT Tools
Rate for translator
TL
SL
Name

Please agreed to work with us, you will not regret because of the high credibility and quality in performance.

I look forward to hearing good news from you.

Thanks & Regards,
Heba Adel,
Language met company.
Collapse

padate
padate
Local time: 12:43
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Language Met Sep 28, 2013

I also received an email from some person named Dalal:

On the Across website a contact request was sent to Paula XXXXXXX

Comment=Hi
Nice to meet you .
I am a project manager in language met company for translation,
we have clients so we need translators in all fields ,
if you interested , please send me more details now about your language pair, tools , min rate in USD ,country to know the time zone and your native language in order to add you in
... See more
I also received an email from some person named Dalal:

On the Across website a contact request was sent to Paula XXXXXXX

Comment=Hi
Nice to meet you .
I am a project manager in language met company for translation,
we have clients so we need translators in all fields ,
if you interested , please send me more details now about your language pair, tools , min rate in USD ,country to know the time zone and your native language in order to add you in my database for future projects.
Looking to hearing from you as soon as possible.

For further information please visit our website : www.languagemet.com
Please, feel free to contact me via my email
Looking forward to have a long term collaboration .

Best regards,
Dalal

Name=Dala Nada
Company=Languagemet Company
[email protected]

Unfortunately, I was naïve enough to reply with my CV... I checked the webiste and it seemed valid, but when I got a response asking to sign non-disclosure agreement, I noticed the email was a gmail email and the document was not in letter head - that's when I did a more detailed search (which I should have done before replying...) - hopefully, they will not use my information to get jobs or to scam someone. I'm so tired of not being able to recognize legit jobs anymore!
Collapse

Janet Muehlbacher
Janet Muehlbacher  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:43
German to English
+ ...
beware of Islam Dahleez Language Met Jan 29, 2014

received 28.01.2014, these idiots get even more stupid as time passes:
Hi Dear,

How are you?
You will find the source file attached.
Wordcount: 4792 news, 18 fuzzy, 87 reps
Translation due: Thursday 30/01 by
6 AM
GMT-3
Filenames: 3 TTX
Deliverables: unclean and clean files.

etc.ect.
Please confirm receipt!

--
Islam Dahleez | Project Manager | Language met Group
Cell. +972598
... See more
received 28.01.2014, these idiots get even more stupid as time passes:
Hi Dear,

How are you?
You will find the source file attached.
Wordcount: 4792 news, 18 fuzzy, 87 reps
Translation due: Thursday 30/01 by
6 AM
GMT-3
Filenames: 3 TTX
Deliverables: unclean and clean files.

etc.ect.
Please confirm receipt!

--
Islam Dahleez | Project Manager | Language met Group
Cell. +972598855968 | Gaza |Palestine
Email: [email protected]
URL: www.languagemet.com
Collapse

Loredana Arama
Loredana Arama  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 19:43
Member (2009)
English to Romanian
+ ...
same scam, different language Jan 30, 2014

Hello everybody.

Today I received an email from this company, the email address of the sender is [email protected] asking me if I can work with MemoQ and if I have any technical experience and what is my rate. The email was not signed by anybody and it was written in Romanian (I am a Romanian native speaker). My curiosity pushed me to reply. So, I answered to his questions and a second email came asking me to give him som
... See more
Hello everybody.

Today I received an email from this company, the email address of the sender is [email protected] asking me if I can work with MemoQ and if I have any technical experience and what is my rate. The email was not signed by anybody and it was written in Romanian (I am a Romanian native speaker). My curiosity pushed me to reply. So, I answered to his questions and a second email came asking me to give him some names of the end clients. After this email I said that something must be wrong and I asked him to give me some details about his company or the company he's working for and to tell me how and where did he find my contact details. So far, no more emails. I must say that the Romanian language used in the emails was OK, regardless that the email has 1 or 2 phrases.

So, the same scam but now in a different language? Very strange...
Collapse

Sophie Vittori-Arzaga
Sophie Vittori-Arzaga  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:43
English to French
I got contacted by them today Feb 5, 2014

I just received an email from this Languagemet Co. Company.

Here it is:

"New job+ long term collaboration"
Esteemed Translator,
I hope that this email finds you in the best of health and spirits.

My name is Alaa, Project Manager at Languagemet Co.
Our company is one of the leading language service providers with translation projects and all related services.
With a great deal of proficiency, we have accomplished many projects in
... See more
I just received an email from this Languagemet Co. Company.

Here it is:

"New job+ long term collaboration"
Esteemed Translator,
I hope that this email finds you in the best of health and spirits.

My name is Alaa, Project Manager at Languagemet Co.
Our company is one of the leading language service providers with translation projects and all related services.
With a great deal of proficiency, we have accomplished many projects in all specialities. An international broad and satisfied clientele enjoy our efficient services in various languages.
After reviewing your CV and general positive feedback about you from a range of websites, it gives me great pleasure to invite you to join our globally accredited company. I am sure that it will be mutually productive and profitable.

Anticipating your prompt and positive response.

With my best wishes,
Alaa

There is no signature, no email, website link or phone number that could prove it is a legit company.

I have never given them my CV and I wonder where they got those "positive feedback" about me. I'm glad I found this thread as well to learn that it is a scam, even though I don't think I would have replied to this. It screams "weird" to me.

I always check the background of agencies that contact me. You should too!!
Collapse

Isabel Barragan
Isabel Barragan  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
[email protected] Feb 13, 2014

A couple of days ago I also received a mail from them.
I replied asking for more details and they answered asking for my skype so that he/she may contact me immediately.

Thank you all for posting this threads, otherwise I might have send them my skype id.

Beware of Language Met - this one was signed by Samah.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Asmaa from Language Met Apr 1, 2014

I just received the following email from Language Met - [email protected] - broadcast to "undisclosed recipients".

Hello,

I have a project please let me know to collaborate with me.

Best,
Asmaa

No other identification. I assume it's the same scam.

cbilore (X)
cbilore (X)
France
Local time: 18:43
English to French
+ ...
received the following e-mail today.... May 12, 2014

Dear Translator,

I am the projects manager Languagemet Translation Agency .
I suggest cooperation in translation work as mediator .
Therefore ,Can you give us permission, authorization and agreement in order for us to send your CV to our clients ?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which will be put inside your CV in order to receive projects and therefore we will reply on your
... See more
Dear Translator,

I am the projects manager Languagemet Translation Agency .
I suggest cooperation in translation work as mediator .
Therefore ,Can you give us permission, authorization and agreement in order for us to send your CV to our clients ?
If yes, we will remove your contact details to avoid direct contacts with clients. In this case, we will use a free email which will be put inside your CV in order to receive projects and therefore we will reply on your behalf .
We can also email your certificates if needed to clients on your behalf. We will give you the projects .
If you agree, you will be considered as a close team member and consequently you will be eligible for any developmental plan.
This is part of group work based on mutual cooperation because the translation market is full of competition .
Please let me know so that we start work. If you agree, sign this authorization and agreement document Attachments, and send it signed with a cover letter.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Languagemet

Ali Zaher

Project Manger

Languagemet

----------------------------------------------------

The address used is [email protected]
Collapse

PetraMakinen
PetraMakinen
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:43
English to Finnish
+ ...
Got this from them today May 22, 2014

"Dear Translator,

Hello,

I am a representative of languagemet Company, who wish to establish a long cooperation with you. It's a pleasure to invite you to be a close member team. So, kindly if you agree to join us read the permission sheet carefully, then sign it and return it to me with your CV and Cover letter as well.

Looking for positive reply as soon as possible.

Best Wishes,
Mohammed Mahmoud
Project coordinator
Sky
... See more
"Dear Translator,

Hello,

I am a representative of languagemet Company, who wish to establish a long cooperation with you. It's a pleasure to invite you to be a close member team. So, kindly if you agree to join us read the permission sheet carefully, then sign it and return it to me with your CV and Cover letter as well.

Looking for positive reply as soon as possible.

Best Wishes,
Mohammed Mahmoud
Project coordinator

Email: [email protected]

There were 24 other recipients besides me, so at least I was able to reply all and alert the others.
Collapse

Fanny Gendrau
Fanny Gendrau
Ireland
Local time: 17:43
English to French
+ ...
Language Met agency: scam or not? May 28, 2014

Hi,

I see many posts relating to "Language Met" and I really don't know if they are a legitimate translation agency or not.

I'll copy the email I got from them below my post, but first I'd like to say that I checked online and they do have a website:

http://www.languagemet.com

Now... Whether they're legit' or not, I have no idea!
I decided against respo
... See more
Hi,

I see many posts relating to "Language Met" and I really don't know if they are a legitimate translation agency or not.

I'll copy the email I got from them below my post, but first I'd like to say that I checked online and they do have a website:

http://www.languagemet.com

Now... Whether they're legit' or not, I have no idea!
I decided against responding to this offer.

The one suspicious thing, I would say, is that their Google Map window indicates a Paris address when they give a postal address in Gaza... And that's just a little odd:

http://www.languagemet.com/crbst_4.html

I'd be happy for someone to reply to this post and comment.

Take care!

Fanny.

EMAIL FROM LANGUAGE MET received on 27 05 2014:

Dear Sir / Madam,

It is my pleasure to write to you, and I hope you are doing well.

I am Suzan Jamal a project manager from Languagemet, I am looking forward to co-operate with professional freelancers translators who have a high quality in translation to provide our company with their experiences.
I wish you would agree to deal with me and to make a value progress to Language met Company.If you would give me this opportunity please check my inquiry and fill down your information.

Name
Services you provide
Rate for translation
CAT Tools
TL
SL
Skype ID

Please, send me your CV and cover letter, it would be much appreciated.
Hoping that you will give me the chance to work with you and I am looking forward to a fruitful cooperation in the near future..

Sincerely,Suzan
Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
Don't bother May 28, 2014

Fanny Gendrau-K wrote:
The one suspicious thing, I would say, is that their Google Map window indicates a Paris address when they give a postal address in Gaza... And that's just a little odd:

There are thousands of legitimate agencies with unquestionable business practices and credentials.

If you have any doubt about an agency, why bother to get involved with them?

Irena Boskovic
Irena Boskovic  Identity Verified
English to Serbian
+ ...
E-mail from Language Met Jun 17, 2014

Thank you all for sharing this topic. I have been contacted by the above company today (regarding some translation task) and when I tried to learn about the credibility of the company, I found your comments.
The person who contacted me signed as Alaa.

Cristiana Karon
Cristiana Karon
Italy
Member (2012)
Italian to English
+ ...
LanguageMet scam - Murad - I was hired to work on a project in March 2014... Jun 23, 2014

I worked on a project in March 2014 for LanguagMet (PM: Murad Ibrahim), and sent the invoice last week. I got a response saying "Murad is not working since along time and we have no information about his projects and we are trying to get information about your project".

They owe me 392.55 USD. The project had no issues other than we renegotiated the deadline within the required time, and there were no quality issues. My correspondence with the agency's PM is documented on my skype,
... See more
I worked on a project in March 2014 for LanguagMet (PM: Murad Ibrahim), and sent the invoice last week. I got a response saying "Murad is not working since along time and we have no information about his projects and we are trying to get information about your project".

They owe me 392.55 USD. The project had no issues other than we renegotiated the deadline within the required time, and there were no quality issues. My correspondence with the agency's PM is documented on my skype, and Mr Murad gave me his LanguageMet e-mail address at the time for forwarding files. Also, he was liaising with the agency's director at the time of renegotiating the deadline, so I am quite sure this project was handled by the agency.

I have since realised there are countless scam alerts about this agency on proz, google, and other internet sites, and there are no debt collection agencies in Israel to speak of (except for one with a higher fixed cost for starting the collection procedure than it is prudent for me to spend, given their high credit risk rating). All I can do at this stage is to notify other translators through all the internet channels available to me to ensure others do not waste their time with this agency.

I would like other translators to be aware that they would be better off investing their time doing some other non-paid productive activity, because this agency - LanguageMet - is extremely unreliable.
Collapse

Ronivaldo Silva
Ronivaldo Silva
Brazil
Local time: 14:43
English to Portuguese
+ ...
scammed by Language met Aug 6, 2014

[quote]

Leila Mohamed, [email protected]
Evelyn Salt, [email protected]
Hala Ismail, [email protected]
Languagemet, [email protected], signed Nehal Mahmoud

I'd like to add one more person of the site - language met. I've been scammed by one called Nihal ([email protected]), I did a big job. They just dissappeared at the end.

Hugs,

Rony

Thomas Rebotier
Thomas Rebotier  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:43
English to French
Classic scam, BB useless as the scammers change name... Aug 6, 2014

The "send me back the difference" is a very classic scam. When you get asked that, just rewrite your work to losses.

For translators just like agencies, new relationships work best when grown gradually. As of now, we are somewhat protected by the blue book in the sense that a company with several good comments from people who look legit is very unlikely to be a sham. But don't underestimate the extent to which the scammer goes to set you up. Besides, one fake company can be used for
... See more
The "send me back the difference" is a very classic scam. When you get asked that, just rewrite your work to losses.

For translators just like agencies, new relationships work best when grown gradually. As of now, we are somewhat protected by the blue book in the sense that a company with several good comments from people who look legit is very unlikely to be a sham. But don't underestimate the extent to which the scammer goes to set you up. Besides, one fake company can be used for several concurrent scams, maybe tens of them, so it's worth investing time in a good front for them. Just saying. There are people who make (good) money just giving fake ratings and feedback, i fear it's around the corner in our industry too...
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Beware of 'Riham' Language Met (Languagemet)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »