Daniela Urso
Daniela Urso  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:44
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 15, 2019

Hello,

Just wanted to tell everyone not to accept projects from Rohan Singh who pretends to work for Lionbridge. His e-mail is [email protected].

He sent me a Dropbox link with the job proposal and contract in it.
He does not work for Lionbridge.

Daniela Urso
EN/ES>IT Translator

[Edited at 2019-03-15 13:23 GMT]

Claudio Contini
Jinsung Kim
Eleonora Venti Webb

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Two more names Mar 15, 2019

Gunther Neuhaus and Steven Smith. They are also using the Dropbox scam (see my Dutch poster on this forum page).

Eleonora Venti Webb

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Too obvious Mar 15, 2019

Asking for money for software in order to get a project, is too obvious to be anything but a scam. That is, aside from the fact that he claims to be working with Lionbridge. Lionbridge does have a real company email address, so why use gmail?

Thank you for posting the warning, Daniela.

Maja_K
Eleonora Venti Webb

Thanks! Mar 18, 2019

Thanks for reporting this! You should indeed ignore any email that doesn't come from the Lionbridge.com or SuccessFactors.com domains.
You should in particular not respond to anyone called Steve Calvin, who is also impersonating Lionbridge these days.
You can report suspicious emails to [email protected] (I review them all personally).

Jean-Patrick

Geraldine Feuillien
krizia blasi

Daniela Urso
Daniela Urso  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 18, 2019

Thanks!
I have already reported this issue to Lionbridge.

Lionbridge wrote:

Thanks for reporting this! You should indeed ignore any email that doesn't come from the Lionbridge.com or SuccessFactors.com domains.
You should in particular not respond to anyone called Steve Calvin, who is also impersonating Lionbridge these days.
You can report suspicious emails to [email protected] (I review them all personally).

Jean-Patrick

Jinsung Kim

Nicholas Hirschmann
Nicholas Hirschmann  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Help Apr 25, 2019

Hi all,

sadly I fell victim to Rohan and am since then collaborating with my bank to get my money back ($100). Sadly it all looked so realistically, he signed the contract and even send me a screenshot of the advance payment to my bank account.

The problem there is that the website were you should have ordered the software is offline for weeks and only accepted Skrill as payment method, Skrill - of course - cannot help me and the reference line from my debit on my bank
... See more
Hi all,

sadly I fell victim to Rohan and am since then collaborating with my bank to get my money back ($100). Sadly it all looked so realistically, he signed the contract and even send me a screenshot of the advance payment to my bank account.

The problem there is that the website were you should have ordered the software is offline for weeks and only accepted Skrill as payment method, Skrill - of course - cannot help me and the reference line from my debit on my bank account cites a completely different company.

Someone somewere has received my $100 which makes me think that I won't get my money back from my bank. Do you have any tips what esle I could do? I don't think that the signed contract is worth anything, so debt collection companies won't help me here

Thank you for any help!

Nico
Collapse

same May 6, 2019

Same thing to me. He found me in Upwork and wrote me with the name of Matheus Nordin and then sent me a contract that was too good to be real. I just checked on the web and here we are. Thankyou for the advice.

Nuria74
Nuria74
Spain
Scam lionbridge May 14, 2019

This email is not valid. I've tried to send an email but there was no way. Could you please send it back thx

Nuria74
Nuria74
Spain
Scam lionbridge May 14, 2019

Oh and buy the way in my case the email address was [email protected]

Melanie Violin
Melanie Violin  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
+ ...
Same here Jun 6, 2019

Same thing here.
Was contacted on Upwork and the email address they were using was [email protected]

Carmen Blazquez

Elisa Bianco
Elisa Bianco  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Italian
+ ...
Same here, such a waste of time Jun 8, 2019

Beware of [email protected]

Who pays for a week work in advance without even knowing you?!

Jinsung Kim
Carmen Blazquez

Carmen Blazquez
Carmen Blazquez  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same here and still using the same name Jul 5, 2019

I've been contacted via Upwork too and he's now called Lars Hakansson with the gmail account [email protected] . Still pretending to be a part of Lionsbridge, using Dropbox documents and saying you have to pay to get a software... I didn't pay any money myself though.

Dimosthenis Kythraiotis
Dimosthenis Kythraiotis
Local time: 04:44
English to Greek
+ ...
Same thing Dec 6, 2019

The same thing just happened to me. The e-mails are [email protected] and [email protected]. I got the Dropbox link by Martin Ziegler.

About the payment that I should receive I was told to contact Klaus Fiedler in order to buy a software that can only be paid using Skrill or Advcash. The domain name for the software was created on 9/11/2019
... See more
The same thing just happened to me. The e-mails are [email protected] and [email protected]. I got the Dropbox link by Martin Ziegler.

About the payment that I should receive I was told to contact Klaus Fiedler in order to buy a software that can only be paid using Skrill or Advcash. The domain name for the software was created on 9/11/2019.

I will report it to lionbridge.
Collapse

Lucas Heslot
Lucas Heslot
United States
Local time: 14:44
English to French
Back at it Feb 15, 2020

They're back at it with the email [email protected].

Found me through Upwork, telling me they have a 20k words per week contract. I knew it was suspicious.

Contract is signed under Martin Ziegler, and the guy sending me emails is supposedly "Werner Fritz". None of these guys have LinkedIn profiles as Lionbridge employees.

I'm waiting for him to send me a request to pay for the software to
... See more
They're back at it with the email [email protected].

Found me through Upwork, telling me they have a 20k words per week contract. I knew it was suspicious.

Contract is signed under Martin Ziegler, and the guy sending me emails is supposedly "Werner Fritz". None of these guys have LinkedIn profiles as Lionbridge employees.

I'm waiting for him to send me a request to pay for the software to tell him to go **** himself.
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Daniela Urso
Kel Barksdale

Yvette Marguérite Ngah Eyara
Yvette Marguérite Ngah Eyara  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to French
+ ...
Scam Lionbridge Feb 22, 2020

They sent my money without knowing this. The name is Werner Fritz. 😞😞😞😭

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam: Rohan Singh, pretending to work for Lionbridge

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »