https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/320353-poll_has_linkedin_proved_useful_to_you_in_getting_work-page2.html

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Has LinkedIn proved useful to you in getting work?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:19
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Not directly Nov 10, 2017

Linked-in is the site where I have the most complete and detailed CV. So I add the L-In link to my CV in PDF format to attach to e-mails, and to several communications, as well as the ProZ profile link. I suppose many people may have clicked in these links and seen my CV in Linked-in, which may have been helpful after all.
However, In 7 years, Linked-in has never led me to any job opportunity, above all in the translation area. It was a great idea, but they were not able to make it work pr
... See more
Linked-in is the site where I have the most complete and detailed CV. So I add the L-In link to my CV in PDF format to attach to e-mails, and to several communications, as well as the ProZ profile link. I suppose many people may have clicked in these links and seen my CV in Linked-in, which may have been helpful after all.
However, In 7 years, Linked-in has never led me to any job opportunity, above all in the translation area. It was a great idea, but they were not able to make it work properly. Believe it or not, even Facebook has been more fruitful in that sense to me than Linked-in.
Collapse

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 07:19
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Business card and display case Nov 10, 2017

Teresa Borges wrote:

I have not met clients with LinkedIn. I see it more as a business card and I must admit that my profile there is very incomplete. Though I am not an active user what has been quite useful for me is taking part in two groups (Translation Agencies – Good, Bad, and Cheap + Unacceptable Translation Rates Naming and Shaming Group).

I'm a semi-active user and post translation/language related articles, as well as the occasional update when something I've written or translated is published. When a potential client checks my credibility, my LinkedIn profile confirms that I'm a serious language professional.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:19
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No, but ... Nov 11, 2017

LinkedIn has helped me stay in touch with colleagues. I don't use it as much as I used to, but I wouldn't be without it.

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:19
French to English
yes Nov 11, 2017

I have used it to keep in contact with all my former colleagues. When I left the agency to free-lance, I updated my profile and sent a message to everyone to let them know. Then next day, I got my first job, and the vast majority of my clients were gained from doing that. I have since picked up clients in other ways, but it was the single most important thing to get me started.

And to think I only actually created the profile to get someone off my back about creating one!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Has LinkedIn proved useful to you in getting work?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »