https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/333314-trados_2017_adding_new_terms_in_multiterm_errorobject_reference_not_set_to_an_instance_of_an_object.html

Trados 2017-adding new terms in MultiTerm Error:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Thread poster: Monica Rightenour
Monica Rightenour
Monica Rightenour  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:21
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
Mar 13, 2019

Error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when trying to add a new term.
The Term recognition window shows recognized terms, but when I try to add new terms, this error appears.
If I open MultiTerm program, I can add the new term and then, the term appears in the Term recognition window.
I reorganized the termbase, but the same error appears in Trados.

Error

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 07:21
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Perhaps the file type is not selected in Option - Filetypes Mar 14, 2019

I had this problem today with an xlsx-file, and the reason was that I had not selected EXcel 2016 file type.

Monica Rightenour
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 2017, MultiTerm error Mar 15, 2019

Thank you for your reply, but the problem is not that simple. I was using word documents, so there is no conflict here.

Monica Rightenour
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found the solution Mar 19, 2019

While waiting for SDL support (came after one week!) I solved the problem.
It was caused by my antivirus, which blocked the connection to SDL.

Steps:
I added SDL to safe programs
I returned the license and deleted the program from my computer
I reinstalled the program off-line.

The problem was caused by having different Multiterm and Trados versions (I previously added Multiterm to safe programs, but not Trados).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017-adding new terms in MultiTerm Error:Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »