https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/347953-f8_in_package_terminology_verification.html

F8 in package terminology verification
Thread poster: Paul O'Brien
Paul O'Brien
Paul O'Brien  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:25
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 22, 2020

Would someone be so kind as to tell me how to run an F8 terminology verification on a multifile SDL package? Thanks. Paul

Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:25
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Select all the files in the package Nov 22, 2020

Right click open for translation.
Press F8.
A list of errors appears.
As you move down the list with the down arrow on the keyboard, the cursor goes to the place in the documents and you can make a correction if necessary.
That is how I use it in Trados 2021.

Paul O'Brien
Paul O'Brien  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:25
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
F8 on Lenovo Nov 22, 2020

The F8 on my Lenovo does nothing except bring in a side window that has nothing to do with SDL.

Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:25
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
You can access the same function Nov 22, 2020

By clicking on « Review » on the ribbon and then « Verify » (next to « Spelling »)

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Fn+F8 Nov 22, 2020

Paul O'Brien wrote:

The F8 on my Lenovo does nothing except bring in a side window that has nothing to do with SDL.

That's why I hate Lenovo. Try pressing the Fn button together with the F8 key. Does it work for you?

Elena Feriani

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:25
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
Changing function key settings Nov 22, 2020

This may help you with the function keys on a lenovo. You can change the settings.

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/ht103044-how-to-use-the-function-keys-without-pressing-fn-in-windows-8110

[Edited at 2020-11-22 21:04 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

F8 in package terminology verification

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »