I wanted to know what software do you recommend to count words in a PDF Hebrew document
Thread poster: Ruth Rubina
Ruth Rubina
Ruth Rubina  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:55
Member (2008)
Hebrew to English
+ ...
Jan 4, 2010

Hello,
I was looking around and found some software that count words but when it comes to Hebrew there is a little challenge.
I would like to have your input.
Thanks
Ruth

Re Jan 4, 2010

What makes Hebrew different in this regard? Spaces and dashes are still there as usual.

Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:55
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
AnyCount 7 does it well Jan 4, 2010

I'm using AnyCount 7 (as part of Translation Office 3000), and it does the counting of Hebrew PDF words well.
Of course, the quality of counting (if at all) may depend on the file preparation method/source.

I strongly recommend that tool!

Doron

Ruth Rubina
Ruth Rubina  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:55
Member (2008)
Hebrew to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Jan 4, 2010

Thank you for your input!
I will try it.
Ruth

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

I wanted to know what software do you recommend to count words in a PDF Hebrew document

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »