Isabelle Vulliard  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:26
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Oct 3, 2023

Dear Colleagues
I'm starting to translate from Hebrew to French and I would like to know if there are general dictionaries or even Medical dictionaries (English or French). I'm also an English to French translator and my current resources don't include Hebrew.
Thanks for your help!

Peter Racher
Peter Racher  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:26
French to English
+ ...
Hebrew-English dictionaries available Oct 7, 2023

Dear Isabelle,

I have recently retired from translating and have a number of dictionaries available, including the following:

Dictionary of Medical and Health Terminology by Feingold and Freier – hardback - printed in Israel (Hebrew-English 226 pp; English-Hebrew 210 pp)

NTC’s Hebrew-English, English-Hebrew Dictionary by Comey and Tsur – hardback (English-Hebrew 542 pp; Hebrew-English 670 pp)

Modern Hebrew-English Dictionary by Avraham Zi
... See more
Dear Isabelle,

I have recently retired from translating and have a number of dictionaries available, including the following:

Dictionary of Medical and Health Terminology by Feingold and Freier – hardback - printed in Israel (Hebrew-English 226 pp; English-Hebrew 210 pp)

NTC’s Hebrew-English, English-Hebrew Dictionary by Comey and Tsur – hardback (English-Hebrew 542 pp; Hebrew-English 670 pp)

Modern Hebrew-English Dictionary by Avraham Zilkha, Yale University Press. Hardback. Ex-library copy. 294 pp.

Dictionary of Telecommunications and Electronics. Hardback. English-Hebrew and Hebrew-English. Masada Publishing.

2 volume Technical Dictionary. Prof. S.G. Ettingen. Hebrew-English-French-German-Russian. Hardbacks. Yavne Tel-Aviv. 1800 pp approx.

I also have the 5-volume edition of the comprehensive general dictionary by Reuben Alkali. However, his would be quite heavy to post.

Please let me know whether you are interested in any of these and I can supply further details. I would not ask enormous sums for them, mostly just to cover postage and packing (depending on where your home address is). I live in Sussex, England. If you live nearby perhaps you could come to collect.

I should just like them to go to someone who would appreciate them.

Please contact me privately at [email protected] if you are interested.

Best regards,
Peter Racher
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

I'm looking for general and medical dictionaries from Hebrew to French/English

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »