Thread poster: Sergio Juárez García
Sergio Juárez García
Sergio Juárez García
Spain
Local time: 19:47
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 3, 2004

I would like any of you to tell me if you know any good books on these subjects, as I'm really interested in learning more about Japanese:
- Japanese language history
- Japanese dialects
- Japanese slang and jargons (sociolects and so on)
I have tried some search engines or Amazon Japan but still cannot find something that really convinces me. What I would like is big volumes, some +500 or +600 pages, so that I can learn a lot of it.
I did English Studies at Univers
... See more
I would like any of you to tell me if you know any good books on these subjects, as I'm really interested in learning more about Japanese:
- Japanese language history
- Japanese dialects
- Japanese slang and jargons (sociolects and so on)
I have tried some search engines or Amazon Japan but still cannot find something that really convinces me. What I would like is big volumes, some +500 or +600 pages, so that I can learn a lot of it.
I did English Studies at University in my country, Spain, and these subjects really helped me to get more knowledge on the language and get more attached to the cultures it represented. What do you think of the idea?
Collapse

Tatiana Nefyodova
Tatiana Nefyodova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:47
English to Russian
+ ...
only pieces of information on the net Feb 12, 2005

Unfortunately, I've only found some pieces of information on cultural etc. matters. Can share web links, if you'd like.
But really, if anyone can give a good link or just advise a good book(s) that would be great!

kokuritsu
kokuritsu  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:47
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
The best source for your study of Japanese Feb 21, 2005

One of the best sources for the study of the Japanese language is the National Institute for Japanese Language, or 国立国語研究所.

Why don't you try to get in touch with the Institute? Its website is provided both in Japanese and English.

http://www.kokken.go.jp/

They also have a good list of publications thought to be
of great help to you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I want help and opinion on this...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »