Exporting the source text into Word
Iniziatore argomento: Wulf-Dieter Krüger
Wulf-Dieter Krüger
Wulf-Dieter Krüger  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:18
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Apr 23, 2013

Having had the job to translate from german to English and revising the German source at the same time, using MemoQ 6.0

I had an issue getting the source back into word.

The route I took was to export to bilingual text into Word.

Then highlight the source text column on the left only to copy it into a new Word document again and then to convert the left table only into text using the corresponding Word function, that was not that easy to find anyway.
... See more
Having had the job to translate from german to English and revising the German source at the same time, using MemoQ 6.0

I had an issue getting the source back into word.

The route I took was to export to bilingual text into Word.

Then highlight the source text column on the left only to copy it into a new Word document again and then to convert the left table only into text using the corresponding Word function, that was not that easy to find anyway.

Does anybody know a more direct route?

Regards

Wulf-Dieter Krüger
Collapse

TheAlphaSens (X)
TheAlphaSens (X)
Regno Unito
Local time: 18:18
Da Inglese a Francese
Operations > Copy source to target where empty Apr 23, 2013

Yes.

Operations > Copy source to target where empty
Export your document

*If the target column is not empty, I would first save the bilingual file and empty the target column (Operations > Clear translations).

Wulf-Dieter Krüger
Wulf-Dieter Krüger  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:18
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Thanks Apr 24, 2013

Thank you very much TheAlphaSense

Regrds

Wulf-Dieter Krüger

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting the source text into Word

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »