Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colômbia
Local time: 22:47
Membro (2003)
inglês para alemão
+ ...
May 18, 2013

Dear colleagues,

Several times already I noticed a strange behaviour in MemoQ, and I wonder if someone has an explanation for it. Here is the issue:

When I import a Word document (DOC) into MemoQ and then choose the option "Copy source to target where empty" and then "Export active document", sometimes, the font colour gets changed in some sections of the exported document, without any apparent reason. Any idea why this may happen?

Kind regards,

... See more
Dear colleagues,

Several times already I noticed a strange behaviour in MemoQ, and I wonder if someone has an explanation for it. Here is the issue:

When I import a Word document (DOC) into MemoQ and then choose the option "Copy source to target where empty" and then "Export active document", sometimes, the font colour gets changed in some sections of the exported document, without any apparent reason. Any idea why this may happen?

Kind regards,

Olaf

PS: If you wonder why I perform this procedure at all: I generally do this before I import a Word document into my main working CAT tool (Déjà Vu), because after processing the file with MemoQ, the number of "rogue codes" in Déjà Vu is considerably smaller than it would otherwise be. This is due to better import filters in MemoQ when compared to Déjà Vu.
Collapse

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungria
Local time: 05:47
inglês para húngaro
+ ...
This should not happen May 18, 2013

Dear Olaf,

This should not happen. By all means, please try using the latest build of the latest version. If you encounter this issue, please send the file to support at kilgray do.t com, and we'll fix it.

Best regards,
István

Olaf Reibedanz
Olaf Reibedanz  Identity Verified
Colômbia
Local time: 22:47
Membro (2003)
inglês para alemão
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Problem solved after updating MemoQ May 18, 2013

Dear István,

Thanks for your reply! Following your advice I just updated from version 6.2.13 to version 6.2.18 and did the same procedure again. This time, there was no font change. So the problem is sorted - it must have been a bug of the older version.

Kind regards,

Olaf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font colour in Word documents gets changed after export

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »