Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 09:58
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Jun 12, 2013

Dear all,
I wonder if you could help me with a MemoQ mini-crisis... I've been aligning for about the last 8 hours (no joke) and suddenly it crashed. No problem, I though, I've been "Saving All" regularly throughout. But when I open the Live Docs, the alignment of the segments is OK, but all of the (extensive) editing of the text is gone!!

Where did I do wrong?
Can I rescue my text edits somehow?

I'm working with MemoQ translator pro version 6.0.9.... See more
Dear all,
I wonder if you could help me with a MemoQ mini-crisis... I've been aligning for about the last 8 hours (no joke) and suddenly it crashed. No problem, I though, I've been "Saving All" regularly throughout. But when I open the Live Docs, the alignment of the segments is OK, but all of the (extensive) editing of the text is gone!!

Where did I do wrong?
Can I rescue my text edits somehow?

I'm working with MemoQ translator pro version 6.0.9.

With thanks in advance,

-Mike-
Collapse

Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 09:58
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Автор темы
Now I know... Jun 12, 2013

Just in case anybody else has this issue... don't forget to confirm your text edits with Ctrl+Enter. That's what I did wrong. Some (not all) of my text edits were lost, because "Save all" saves the alignment links, but not the text edits.
Other than that, this really is a good tool and an excellent alternative to the very dated SDL thingy.

With thanks to Chris from Textklick for this tip!!

-Mike-

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:58
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Памяти
Ah! Jun 12, 2013

With thanks to Chris from Textklick for this tip!!

-Mike-

Oh: now I see "where you were coming from". In fact you have provided me with an interesting pointer.

Thanks, Mike.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Crash during alignment :-(

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »