Katalin Sandor
Katalin Sandor  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 02:45
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sep 10, 2021

7.5.68 translator pro
I have fairly recently had a new SSD drive installed, with a reinstall of Windows and everything else (including memoQ). I have a backup version of the old system, so I can go back to it if I must, but I'd rather not, as on some occasions reverting back to the previous version crashes both systems, and my computer guru may or may not be available at the weekend.
I have been working, in the new setup, in memoQ happily for a couple of weeks, registering the TMs e
... See more
7.5.68 translator pro
I have fairly recently had a new SSD drive installed, with a reinstall of Windows and everything else (including memoQ). I have a backup version of the old system, so I can go back to it if I must, but I'd rather not, as on some occasions reverting back to the previous version crashes both systems, and my computer guru may or may not be available at the weekend.
I have been working, in the new setup, in memoQ happily for a couple of weeks, registering the TMs etc that I needed. Now I got a project from an old client, and ran into this problem.
I "registered local" all my old translation memories, and added to the project the ones that appeared relevant (20+). Created a new TM for the project.
I get hits from the TMs, so they are apparently there in the project. However, when I try to do a concordance search, I get the message "the translation memory is already open for exclusive use". WHICH translation memory? I am the exclusive user, so it makes no sense. The poject is offline, no online resourses are attached.
How do I find "THE" TM that is open for exclusive use? Any advice would be appreciated, I am really clueless. And I DO need concordance search.

[Edited at 2021-09-10 20:47 GMT]
Collapse

Katalin Sandor
Katalin Sandor  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 02:45
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Sep 11, 2021

The problem has resolved itself. I have not done anything, and after two days of acting up, concordance started working. Let's hope it continues to do so.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"the translation memory is already open for exclusive use"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »