Repetitions don't appear in statistics: where can I see the count?
Thread poster: Ilka Nahmmacher
Ilka Nahmmacher
Ilka Nahmmacher  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:34
German to English
Sep 10, 2021

I received a job in which the repetitions are locked. They do not appear in the statistics. The MemoQ file has 10,000 words. The source Word file itself has 15,000 words. I would like to verify that the locked repetitions are in face 5000 words. Where can I see the count of the locked repetitions?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:34
Danish to English
+ ...
Include them Sep 10, 2021

Can't you just include/exclude the locked segments when you run the analysis and compare the figures?
Screenshot 2021-09-10 223358

Ilka Nahmmacher
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
That worked! Sep 10, 2021

Thanks, that solved my problem. The count is about 1000 words short of the Word count. Is that normal?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:34
Danish to English
+ ...
Word Sep 10, 2021

Ilka Nahmmacher wrote:

Thanks, that solved my problem. The count is about 1000 words short of the Word count. Is that normal?

That's more than normal. There can be some difference depending on whether you use memoQ or Trados-like counting, but it shouldn't be that much.

Parts of the Word document could have been excluded when it was imported.

Jorge Payan

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:34
English to Russian
You can try filtering all repetitions Sep 10, 2021

You can filter all repetitions and save them as a 2-column RTF file.
Right click on your file(s), select Create view, Extract repetitions, open the extracted repetitions view and, from the Documents tab, Export Bilingual (Table RTF) with the 'Include locked segments in export' box checked. Then either copy the entire source column and paste into a blank Word document, or remove superfluous columns (ID, Target, Comments, Status), whichever you find easier. Finally press Ctrl+Shift+G to kno
... See more
You can filter all repetitions and save them as a 2-column RTF file.
Right click on your file(s), select Create view, Extract repetitions, open the extracted repetitions view and, from the Documents tab, Export Bilingual (Table RTF) with the 'Include locked segments in export' box checked. Then either copy the entire source column and paste into a blank Word document, or remove superfluous columns (ID, Target, Comments, Status), whichever you find easier. Finally press Ctrl+Shift+G to know the statistics.
Collapse

Ilka Nahmmacher
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Stepan! Sep 15, 2021

Thanks, that was very useful indeed!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Repetitions don't appear in statistics: where can I see the count?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »