Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 23:49
French to Italian
+ ...
Apr 12, 2023

Hi All,

I use MemoQ online for one of my clients, and I'm confused by the translation progress showing on my homepage and on the job page. They usually don't match. Sometimes they have a 20-30% difference, sometimes they almost match. I guess one refers to completed segments and one to completed words, but I don't know which is which. Especially when working on big projects, I would like to know exactly how many words I have left. Which percentage should I monitor?

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Customise the status bar Apr 12, 2023

You can right-click the percentage value on the status bar to choose whether you want the progress to be based on segments, words or characters.

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Tomasz Apr 12, 2023

Right click didn't work, but I could click on the setting icon and see the three options you describe. Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Progress showing on homepage doesn't match the progress showing on the job page

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »