How do I activate machine-translation for a local project after having closed an online project?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 16:37
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 31, 2023

I had checked out an online MemoQ project (online: connected to the customer's MemoQ server) and started translating it, from German to Swedish. I then closed this project and created a new, local translation project (without template, without translation memory) for translation from Italian to Swedish. But when I checked the MT settings for this Italian-Swedish project, it's empty in the list. When trying to create/use new, the MemoQ server for the German-Swedish project displays ("Online" is p... See more
I had checked out an online MemoQ project (online: connected to the customer's MemoQ server) and started translating it, from German to Swedish. I then closed this project and created a new, local translation project (without template, without translation memory) for translation from Italian to Swedish. But when I checked the MT settings for this Italian-Swedish project, it's empty in the list. When trying to create/use new, the MemoQ server for the German-Swedish project displays ("Online" is pre-selected). So I can't create new MT settings for this Italian-Swedish project.

It's the same in the resource console. I somehow need to disconnect from the online server (why it was connected to my local Italian-Swedish project in the first place is a mystery...).

[Edited at 2023-09-01 14:07 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I activate machine-translation for a local project after having closed an online project?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »