Thread poster: Brandon Wood
Brandon Wood
Brandon Wood  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:54
Japanese to English
+ ...
Nov 24, 2008

I am developing a website for my translation business and I need SSL support for secure payment and delivery of files. I currently have the advanced ProZ hosting package. Is SSL supported in this package? If not, I'm going to have to move my hosting elsewhere I guess...

AZTranslations
AZTranslations  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:54
German to English
+ ...
Same question/request Oct 16, 2009

Hello ,

I also would like to add a page for secure file transfer to my website. Is ssl possible or working with https? Where and how can a get a certificate/key?

JapanLegal
JapanLegal  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:54
Member (2009)
Japanese to English
+ ...
ProZ tells me that SSL is not supported Jan 17, 2011

This is a big disappointment to me, as I am preparing to launch a website and share Brandon's concerns about secure file transfer and messaging.

My domain registrar provides free SSL certificates along with the registration, and I was hoping to use ProZ as the host.

Any chance that ProZ would reconsider its decision not to support SSL? I'm afraid that an SSL-less hosting service is of little use to me, and potentially many other translators like me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SSL Support?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »