Colin Mansell
Colin Mansell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:17
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Oct 22, 2009

ProZ,

I received notification of a SP > EN job (http://www.proz.com/job/364163) 36 hours after it was posted (Posted: Oct 20, 2009 GMT 12:00) and almost 12 hours after it was closed at 21:08 on the 21/10/2009.

Why is this happening? Can anything be done about this?

Regards
Colin

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:17
SITE FOUNDER
We'll look at it again Oct 22, 2009

Thanks, Colin. We'll look into this again.

Jocelyne S
Jocelyne S  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:17
French to English
+ ...
What type of email address? Oct 22, 2009

Hi Colin,

What type of email are you using, if you don't mind my asking?

I've had problems recently with some mail coming through the site to a Yahoo address. Over the past few months, I've submitted a couple of support requests about this, but each time site staff has said that the problem is not coming from their end.

I've now begun to wonder if there is some sort of filter on Yahoo for certain emails sent through the site (notably Jobs and Kudoz, somet
... See more
Hi Colin,

What type of email are you using, if you don't mind my asking?

I've had problems recently with some mail coming through the site to a Yahoo address. Over the past few months, I've submitted a couple of support requests about this, but each time site staff has said that the problem is not coming from their end.

I've now begun to wonder if there is some sort of filter on Yahoo for certain emails sent through the site (notably Jobs and Kudoz, sometimes Forum mail too). I don't appear to have problems with any other email coming in hours (if not days) late.

Best,
Jocelyne
Collapse

Colin Mansell
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
UOL Oct 22, 2009

uol.com.br

My address is from one of the largest Internet providers in Brazil, UOL, which is not to say that they are without problems, but this message came in much later than is normal from ProZ.

Evija Rimšāne
Evija Rimšāne  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:17
English to Latvian
+ ...
Yahoo Oct 22, 2009

Indeed, I've experienced similar problems with my Yahoo email address in the past (and not only with the Proz mailing), so I switched to Gmail which haven't caused such problems, at least by now.
So it might be possible that uol.com.br is 'acting' like Yahoo and letting you down. I would suggest you to try another email address to see what happens.

Alison MacG
Alison MacG  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Seems to be a known problem Oct 22, 2009

See this thread:

http://www.proz.com/topic/148024

In my case, it has been happening for a couple of weeks now, and seems to be entirely random, e.g. within one KudoZ question, I may receive notification of some peer comments, but not others, and of some discussion entries, but not others. Likewise, I am getting notification of some closed questions, but not others.

... See more
See this thread:

http://www.proz.com/topic/148024

In my case, it has been happening for a couple of weeks now, and seems to be entirely random, e.g. within one KudoZ question, I may receive notification of some peer comments, but not others, and of some discussion entries, but not others. Likewise, I am getting notification of some closed questions, but not others.

I am having no problems receiving emails from anywhere other than ProZ.
Collapse

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
I'm having the same problem (Yahoo mail) Oct 22, 2009

with peer comments, jobs and forum postings.

Well not quite the same. I'm not receiving them at all. I checked on the help page which shows that the emails were sent to me but they're not reaching my inbox.

[Edited at 2009-10-22 16:47 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Job notification sent on time Oct 22, 2009

Hello all,

Colin Mansell wrote:

I received notification of a SP > EN job (http://www.proz.com/job/364163) 36 hours after it was posted (Posted: Oct 20, 2009 GMT 12:00) and almost 12 hours after it was closed at 21:08 on the 21/10/2009.

Why is this happening? Can anything be done about this?

Regards
Colin

I checked the mail monitor for you and I see that a notification for job #364163 [Environmental Studies and Sustainable Development] was sent to your @uol.com.br email address right as the job was posted and made public (Oct 20, 2009 12:00 GMT).

What you can do is contact your email provider to ensure that they are not having any temporary email delivery problems.

Or else, try changing your primary email address for your secondary one for a while and submit a support request if the problem persists after that.

As for Yahoo! email accounts, this situation is being worked on, and should be solved as soon as possible.

Your patience is appreciated regarding this issue.

Regards,

Lucia

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:17
English to Spanish
Seems to be Yahoo Oct 22, 2009

I submitted a support ticket yesterday and got a reply that the messages had indeed been sent to my Yahoo account. I followed the staff's advice and temporarily changed my email address. I began to receive the job notices again. Today, I switched back to my Yahoo account and have not received any job posts at all.

----
I just received a job notification posted on October 10.

[Edited at 2009-10-22 19:23 GMT]

Colin Mansell
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 23, 2009

Thanks to all who responded, particularly Lucia for the promptness and dilgence, clarifying that it is in all likelihood a problem with my ISP. Yet another reason for possibly dropping their paid service!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job e-mailed 36 hours after being posted

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »