Inițiatorul discuției: Mike (de Oliveira) Brady
Mike (de Oliveira) Brady
Mike (de Oliveira) Brady  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
Membru (2008)
din portugheză în engleză
+ ...
Jan 20, 2010

I have a perplexing problem and wonder if anyone has had a similar experience or has suggestions. This is not your usual problem of emails being blocked by spam filters.

1. Since 28 December 2009 I have stopped receiving job alert emails from Proz.com to my usual email address (which contains my website domain name http://www.maravilha.co.uk/).

2. The Proz.com email tracking page
... See more
I have a perplexing problem and wonder if anyone has had a similar experience or has suggestions. This is not your usual problem of emails being blocked by spam filters.

1. Since 28 December 2009 I have stopped receiving job alert emails from Proz.com to my usual email address (which contains my website domain name http://www.maravilha.co.uk/).

2. The Proz.com email tracking page tells me the email has been sent. http://www.proz.com/?sp=mail_monitor I still receive daily digest emails to this address (and all other emails it would appear).

3. When I post a quote via Proz.com I have received the confirmation that my quote has been sent. However, I do not receive Kudoz answer emails. In all these cases the email address I use is identical and the from address is [email protected]

4. I have no spam filtering in operation. All the same, I've added the Proz.com address to the whitelist associated with my account.

5. My email service provider has investigated and has said the job alert emails are not arriving at its server. It has pointed out the daily digest emails are arriving. It has no suggestions as to where the emails could be being blocked in the email system.

6. I have tried entering a different email address in the Proz.com system and job alerts and other alerts DO ARRIVE at this address.

7. I tried re-sending a job alert that arrived at my alternative address to my faulty address with the same content, same subject line and I replicated the 'from' and 'reply-to' address as Proz.com - the email got through. So it is not the content, subject or source emails address per se that is the problem. It must be the IP address or route, I imagine.

8. I've raised a support request and Proz.com believe there is no issue at their end.

9. I have run a test on Proz.com at http://www.blacklistalert.org/ and there is just one spam blocking system that has the IP address it associates with the domain blacklisted. But if this is the source of the problem, I imagine Proz.com would have been notified by other members of problems and this seems to be an isolated case.

10. Given the above it is clear this is a problem specific to the email address I normally use and used successfully up to 28 December 2009. Any ideas where there could be a problem between the email leaving the Proz.com server and failing to arrive at my email provider?

Obviously I can use a different email address to receive these alerts, but as my usual address is the one I use for translation related communication, I really would like to get to the bottom of this. I'm assuming I'm not missing other emails as customers and others are contacting me as expected, but who knows?
Collapse

Elvana Moore
Elvana Moore
Regatul Unit
Local time: 23:59
Utilizator
din engleză în albaneză
+ ...
Same here Jan 20, 2010

Hi Mike,

I have had the same problem for quite some time. I went through each and every one of the steps you have. Checked email spam filters, checked every address ever blocked, checked the alerts, etc. On advise from Proz staff I also contacted my internet provided to see if they had "whiteboarded" them and that was negative.

All the staff could tell me was that the problem had to be my end as the server was showing alerts were being sent!

I gave up in
... See more
Hi Mike,

I have had the same problem for quite some time. I went through each and every one of the steps you have. Checked email spam filters, checked every address ever blocked, checked the alerts, etc. On advise from Proz staff I also contacted my internet provided to see if they had "whiteboarded" them and that was negative.

All the staff could tell me was that the problem had to be my end as the server was showing alerts were being sent!

I gave up in the end and changed the primary email address. It is far from ideal but I was getting no where with this problem.
Collapse

Mike (de Oliveira) Brady
Mike (de Oliveira) Brady  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
Membru (2008)
din portugheză în engleză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Proz.com was blacklisted by Barracuda spam lists Feb 11, 2010

After much back and forth with Proz.com and my email service provider blaming the other for the problem, it has finally been resolved.

Proz.com and the IP address used for sending emails were being blacklisted by the Barracuda spam filtering service.

I've raised this with Proz.com and the IP address has been removed from the blacklist. Emails are now arriving again.

So anyone who has had a problem, may find they can now go back to their favoured address.... See more
After much back and forth with Proz.com and my email service provider blaming the other for the problem, it has finally been resolved.

Proz.com and the IP address used for sending emails were being blacklisted by the Barracuda spam filtering service.

I've raised this with Proz.com and the IP address has been removed from the blacklist. Emails are now arriving again.

So anyone who has had a problem, may find they can now go back to their favoured address.

The Proz.com domain name is still blacklisted and I've pointed this out to Proz.com. If you are still not receiving emails, this could be the reason why. The message given on the Barracuda site is: "This domain name proz.com is listed on Barracuda's Intent Block List."

You can check the status of blacklisting at:
http://www.barracudacentral.org/lookups/domain-reputation

The Proz.com IP address is: 207.127.117.39

It is currently not on the spam list.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz.com job alerts don't arrive at a particular email address

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »