Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
How to get some translation jobs on this platform?
Thread poster: Diego Sibilia
Diego Sibilia
Diego Sibilia  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:19
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
nope Feb 27, 2014

I live in La Herradura (Granaa) according to me

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo wrote:

Diego Sibilia wrote:

I dunno anything about Italy. SOrry. Who wants to live there. It sucks....

...you do.

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Lack of credibility Feb 27, 2014

Diego Sibilia wrote:

I live in La Herradura (Granaa) according to me

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo wrote:

Diego Sibilia wrote:

I dunno anything about Italy. SOrry. Who wants to live there. It sucks....

...you do.

Well, we (and possible clients) have to rely on the information you're giving on your profile page, which very clearly indicate you're living in Italy.

Not that this matters much per se. But you're asking how to get jobs, and I'd say that one of your most important problems might be lack of credibility ("This translator claims he's living in Italy - now suddenly it's Spain! What's going on here?" or "Have you seen what he posts on proz.com? It's full of "thx 4 ur" and so on. Doesn't look like a language professional to me"). In this thread, others have already kindly pointed out some other - and more important - reasons for your lack of credibility. Of course, no one can force you to believe them, or to do something about it.

[Bearbeitet am 2014-02-27 16:51 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Rather count on recruitment ads Mar 17, 2014

As per title. Get a great profile, upload a nice CV and well-tested translation samples. Fill in whatever else is necessary or useful. Try to make your presentation attractive, and watch direct offers coming to your mail.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get some translation jobs on this platform?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »