Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Local time: 20:23
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Really? Mar 3

Anton Konashenok wrote:
Besides the scores themselves, Blue Board conveniently provides KudoZ point counts for those giving the score, so I look first and foremost at the scores given by high-KudoZ members.

In the 2 occasions I left a comment, I wasn't awarded any KudoZ points.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:23
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Lieven Mar 3

It doesn't give points, it shows the number of Kudoz points each contributor has. I do exactly the same as Anton...

Lieven Malaise

Oriol VIP
Oriol VIP
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
It's still a start Mar 4

I always check the Blue Board, I think it's a good system.

Yes, I have seen "fake" scorings from time to time, for sure, but most of them are legit.

It's actually easy to spot the true ones from the fakes: read the comments and, when you see reported non-payments and then silent 5-stars, you might be onto something!

Sometimes clients have asked me to leave a good comment -that's all right and only fair, and if the relationship was good, I do it gladly.
... See more
I always check the Blue Board, I think it's a good system.

Yes, I have seen "fake" scorings from time to time, for sure, but most of them are legit.

It's actually easy to spot the true ones from the fakes: read the comments and, when you see reported non-payments and then silent 5-stars, you might be onto something!

Sometimes clients have asked me to leave a good comment -that's all right and only fair, and if the relationship was good, I do it gladly.

You can also check other sources of ratings, like google at googlemaps, translator's cafe, etc. This shouldn't take more than 10 minutes, and you will see other sources of info that might help you to see if that client/agency is trustworthy.

My five cents!
Collapse

Angie Garbarino

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
I have 60 of them Mar 4

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:

I look at those agencies with the same scepticism I have towards some translators who have hundreds of positive entries…

AND I can swear that I didn't even ask for one. So this is not a yardstick

Yasutomo Kanazawa

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
As long as there is no reply Mar 4

Lingua 5B wrote:

Had no idea BB entry could be edited that many times. I thought only one edit was possible.

They can be edited countless times

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue Board

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »