Thread poster: Rosina Peixoto
Rosina Peixoto
Rosina Peixoto  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 11, 2008

I have just received this email involving FedEx.

I am sorry to encroach into your privacy through this manner; we have a certified cheque of $300,000 in our custody that belongs to you. This cheque was brought to my desk last week by a lady who gave us your e-mail address to contact you on the delivery. We wait your response soonest.

Email:[email protected]
FedEx

If only we could stop this illegal practice.

Regards

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:40
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
"BMW" prize Nov 13, 2008

Maybe you should forward this fabulous offer to BMW to let them know what's being sent in their name?
I like the suggestion that London is in Lincolnshire - so convincing!
Best wishes (and congratulations),
Jenny

JPW (X)
JPW (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
About Rosina's post Nov 13, 2008

I recognise some of the details you posted, which may be subsequently modified by moderators, including the address and the e-mail. A quick google search will show you it's just one of many.

The prize that I had 'won' was the so-called "Yahoo internet lottery". The idea that a town can be in London and another English county simultaneously is, frankly, laughable.

It's a classic 419 scam. BMW already know about it and have
... See more
I recognise some of the details you posted, which may be subsequently modified by moderators, including the address and the e-mail. A quick google search will show you it's just one of many.

The prize that I had 'won' was the so-called "Yahoo internet lottery". The idea that a town can be in London and another English county simultaneously is, frankly, laughable.

It's a classic 419 scam. BMW already know about it and have issued warnings BTW.

On a lighter note, I did win a genuine lottery last night - £100. Well done me! Better than a slap in the face, anyway...
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:40
English to Czech
+ ...
A nice site here Nov 13, 2008

Hi all,
perhaps you might want to have a look at the following site: www.419eater.com
Real fun...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

More scams...

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »