Inez Ulrich  Identity Verified
Alemania
Local time: 08:40
Miembro 2016
inglés al alemán
+ ...
Jan 24, 2022

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct category for this, but I'll try anyway.

I'm no new translator, but I have a new role in addition to my other work, that really brings me to my limits, and the main issues are coordination, organization and efficiency (it is a project managing role for two professional journals, highly interesting and exactly in my are of expertise, but demanding and with a lot of responsibility. It was a steep learning curve, and I'm still lea
... See more
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct category for this, but I'll try anyway.

I'm no new translator, but I have a new role in addition to my other work, that really brings me to my limits, and the main issues are coordination, organization and efficiency (it is a project managing role for two professional journals, highly interesting and exactly in my are of expertise, but demanding and with a lot of responsibility. It was a steep learning curve, and I'm still learning (and making mistakes), but I'm getting there. It is so different from my usual work, where I just work by myself.

Is any of you willing to share some tips for organizing oneself, on how to increase efficiency etc.?

Thanks so much!
Collapse

Susan van den Ende

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 07:40
Miembro 2020
japonés al inglés
Gantt chart Jan 24, 2022

I was a project manager for a wind farm at one time.
The most useful tool I had was a shared Gantt Chart (Work Breakdown Structure) in Google Sheets.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your best tipps on efficiency

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »