Thread poster: Marina Capalbo
Marina Capalbo
Marina Capalbo  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:34
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 27, 2003

Ciao a tutti

ho già inviato lo stesso messaggio al \"cat tool support\", ma lo invio anche qui, non si sa mai.....

Allora ho due problemi:

devo tradurre file .txt con Trados? Si può? Non so proprio cosa fare sinceramente....La mia mente pazzoide mi ha fatto pensare di salvare i documenti in .doc, tradurli, e poi salvarli nuovamente con Trados, ma chissà se si può....

Power point

So che per i file .ppt si
... See more
Ciao a tutti

ho già inviato lo stesso messaggio al \"cat tool support\", ma lo invio anche qui, non si sa mai.....

Allora ho due problemi:

devo tradurre file .txt con Trados? Si può? Non so proprio cosa fare sinceramente....La mia mente pazzoide mi ha fatto pensare di salvare i documenti in .doc, tradurli, e poi salvarli nuovamente con Trados, ma chissà se si può....

Power point

So che per i file .ppt si deve usare T-window. Ho provato ad aprire il programma ma non succede assolutamente nulla.....

Sarà forse perché ho Trados 5.0 e Office 97? Forse ci vuole una versione di office più recente? Navigo nel buio...

Attendo presto tanti faretti

Un grazie anticipato

Marina
Collapse

Sabina Moscatelli
Sabina Moscatelli
Italy
Local time: 17:34
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Txt Feb 27, 2003

Per i file *.txt anch\'io faccio come te (saremo in due, ad essere pazzoidi?). Li salvo in *.doc e poi li risalvo in *txt.

Per PowerPoint non saprei, perché a me li apre normalmente con il T-window per Power-Point. Lancio l\'applicazione, che apre automaticamente Power Point visualizzando un\'iconcina Trados.

Buona serata,

sabina

nimrodtran
nimrodtran
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Non parlo italiano... Feb 27, 2003

(gli argentini sommi l\'italiani chi parlamo spagnolo).

So, I\'ll answer you in English.

1) Convert .txt into a Word document (better to .rtf format), work with it, save it, clean it and convert the final result into .txt. It\'s the best way.

2) Copy all the text of the .pps into an .rtf document*, work with it, save it and clean it. Afterwards, open the .pps and the .rtf in the same screen. Copy the text from the .rtf into the .pps.
... See more
(gli argentini sommi l\'italiani chi parlamo spagnolo).

So, I\'ll answer you in English.

1) Convert .txt into a Word document (better to .rtf format), work with it, save it, clean it and convert the final result into .txt. It\'s the best way.

2) Copy all the text of the .pps into an .rtf document*, work with it, save it and clean it. Afterwards, open the .pps and the .rtf in the same screen. Copy the text from the .rtf into the .pps. document.

*) There\'s an automatized method for it, but I don\'t know which and how to use it.

Arrivedere,

Emilio
Collapse

nimrodtran
nimrodtran
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Per che .rtf Feb 27, 2003

(Again in English)

There are some problems with the .doc files when you clean the hidden (original) text. It\'s better to use .rtf. The ONLY inconvenience is that it takes more space. But the results are infinitely better.

Emilio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados e file .txt / .ppt

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »