I need help from Italian colleagues who do NOT speak Hungarian
Thread poster: Palko Agi
Lorenzo Lilli
Lorenzo Lilli  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:50
German to Italian
+ ...
Cicciolina Apr 3, 2003

I had forgotten she\'s Hungarian and I think most contributors to this forum also have. It\'s probably because she acquired the Italian citizenship and was usually called with this nickname. Also, her real name sounds German rather than Hungarian.

Palko Agi
Palko Agi  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:50
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cicciolina, oh, oh! Apr 3, 2003

Of course, she is very famous In Hungary, too. But I wouldn\'t put her name in the quizz...

Rubik, yes, Hungarian. Bela Bareny? Sounds Hungarian, but I have never heard about him.

Of course, I know how it is with the young generation. I am a literature teacher in a technical secondary school, with almost only boys. Just imagine...

I will put a little bit of everything into the quizz, a bit of music, a bit of history (our most famous king, Mat
... See more
Of course, she is very famous In Hungary, too. But I wouldn\'t put her name in the quizz...

Rubik, yes, Hungarian. Bela Bareny? Sounds Hungarian, but I have never heard about him.

Of course, I know how it is with the young generation. I am a literature teacher in a technical secondary school, with almost only boys. Just imagine...

I will put a little bit of everything into the quizz, a bit of music, a bit of history (our most famous king, Matthias\'s wife was Italian), a bit of sport etc. Those things they don\'t know they will have to find out during they stay here... We will also read an Italian and a Hungarian poem, translated into the other language. Well, I hope, it will be fun.

Thank you again. Good luck to all.
Collapse

Katherine Zei
Katherine Zei  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:50
Italian to English
+ ...
Gulash, borscht Apr 9, 2003

I\'ve had Gulash Ungarese (Hungarian Gulash) a few times in Milan. I think borscht is Hungarian too, but I\'m not sure.

I agree about Ciccolina, however. She is definitely the most famous Hungarian in Italy.

Good luck with your project!

Katy

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need help from Italian colleagues who do NOT speak Hungarian

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »