Автор темы: ProZ.com Staff
Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Уругвай
Local time: 04:34
Член ProZ.com c 2005
английский => испанский
My home office Mar 25, 2020

I only wish I had a nice view from my tiny home office at a nook in my multi-purpose living-room. That said, I only have to go to the balcony to see the blue Río de la Plata (River Plate) a few steps down my street.

Home office

[Edited at 2020-03-25 16:28 GMT]

Tom in London
Tom in London
Великобритания
Local time: 08:34
Член ProZ.com c 2008
итальянский => английский
No day off Mar 25, 2020

Elizabeth Tamblin wrote:

Has your cat got the day off?

No- she's asleep on my bed.

Elizabeth Tamblin

Chris Lancaster
Chris Lancaster  Identity Verified
Испания
Член ProZ.com
испанский => английский
My home office Mar 25, 2020

No great views unfortunately, but the standing desk/treadmill has proved very useful here in Spain since the lockdown started 10 days ago. Unlike in the UK, we're not allowed outside to exercise.

20191027_094631

Natalie Soper
Natalie Soper  Identity Verified
Великобритания
французский => английский
+ ...
Nearly ideal Mar 25, 2020

I have my own office, but because it's in a north-facing room, I don't always like working in there as it can be quite dark in winter. I need to make it a bit brighter and more cosy. Also, the internet is more sporadic in that room than the other rooms in the house. Otherwise, I'm lucky to have my own space!

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Португалия
Член ProZ.com c 2015
английский => португальский
+ ...
I have what I need Mar 26, 2020

I have my all-in-one desktop, a chair (a bit ruined by my 2 years old cat), a bookcase and glass shelves to store my books and dictionaries, a couch, and a nice view:
the garden of the condominium, a railway line (Douro direction), green fields, high mountains, a few small colorful houses and sheeps

… and most essential: my Internet connection!

[Edited at 2020-03-26 00:59 GMT]

Jiyeon Seo
Jiyeon Seo
Южная Kорея
Local time: 16:34
английский => корейский
I've just prove my setup is ideal today Mar 26, 2020

I worked at home today for doing the social distancing because of the virus. I have an attic upward the living room. There is a small desk and coffee machine. And it's full of sunshine from the terrace. I did work well and I hope working at home as I can as possible.

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
Франция
Local time: 09:34
французский => английский
. Mar 26, 2020

Normally it's ideal, a small desk in the corner of the living room. It's just big enough for my laptop, mouse pad and a heap of papers, not enough room to accumulate mess. I have a view of the garden, shelves for the mess behind me, and a view of the whole downstairs area. I'm usually alone all day so I can get work done, but still get to see everyone coming down or in rather than being shut off alone. Now, I have my partner here all day so if he wants to watch TV when I need to work I take my l... See more
Normally it's ideal, a small desk in the corner of the living room. It's just big enough for my laptop, mouse pad and a heap of papers, not enough room to accumulate mess. I have a view of the garden, shelves for the mess behind me, and a view of the whole downstairs area. I'm usually alone all day so I can get work done, but still get to see everyone coming down or in rather than being shut off alone. Now, I have my partner here all day so if he wants to watch TV when I need to work I take my laptop up to a spare room.Collapse

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 00:34
Член ProZ.com c 2003
испанский => английский
+ ...
Perfect for me Mar 27, 2020

I have dedicated a separate room in my house for my office needs. The furnishings include bookcases, a great chair, three rolling file cabinets, two desks, two computers (iMac and PC), two printers, and two dog beds.

Robin LEPLUMEY
Robin LEPLUMEY
Франция
Local time: 09:34
английский => французский
+ ...
Love it Mar 27, 2020

I love my work setup (even though it's a bit messy sometimes...)! Also, I'm really proud of it since we bought this house (a ruin) a couple of years ago and we restored it entirely on our own. Now I just need to find nice posters to decorate the walls

And the view from the window:

I really enjoy the view and the calm here.
Collapse

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: My home work setup is ideal:

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »