Subtitle Edit - two questions!
Thread poster: himawari_sol
himawari_sol
himawari_sol
Local time: 08:34
Japanese to English
Feb 1, 2022

Hi everyone,

I hope that someone who is familiar with Subtitle Edit might be able to help answer my questions.

1. I changed my settings so that my arrow keys allow me to move along the waveform frame by frame. When I move frame by frame though, the audio from the video is not played. Is it possible to have the audio played frame by frame? (This would make it easy to find the starting point of lines, etc.)

2. Is it possible to create a subtitle on the wavefo
... See more
Hi everyone,

I hope that someone who is familiar with Subtitle Edit might be able to help answer my questions.

1. I changed my settings so that my arrow keys allow me to move along the waveform frame by frame. When I move frame by frame though, the audio from the video is not played. Is it possible to have the audio played frame by frame? (This would make it easy to find the starting point of lines, etc.)

2. Is it possible to create a subtitle on the waveform by clicking where it will start, and then, for example, holding down Shift + right arrow key (and then the subtitle will keep going until you let go of those two keys). I don't know if this makes sense, but I am trying to simulate how subtitles are made in SST.
I feel like there must be a way to configure this in the Shortcut Settings, but I haven't found what I am looking for yet.

Thank you so much to anyone who can help!
Collapse

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Subtitle Edit shortcuts Feb 5, 2022

I have never used SSTG1, so these might not be exactly what you want. But to my understanding...

1. It's already possible. You can set your custom key-binding for this in the "Options" --> "Settings" --> "Shortcuts" --> "Video" section (see attached screenshot below):

2. It's also already possible. Navigate to the same menu as the above. Except thi
... See more
I have never used SSTG1, so these might not be exactly what you want. But to my understanding...

1. It's already possible. You can set your custom key-binding for this in the "Options" --> "Settings" --> "Shortcuts" --> "Video" section (see attached screenshot below):

2. It's also already possible. Navigate to the same menu as the above. Except this time, go to the "Create/adjust" section (see attached screenshot below):

HTH
Collapse

himawari_sol
himawari_sol
Local time: 08:34
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 7, 2022

Oh wow, thank you so much!
I will go back and try these steps.

Mr. Satan (X)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitle Edit - two questions!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »