Language order when creating a termbase from an excel spreadsheet with Multiterm
Thread poster: Panopticon
Panopticon
Panopticon
Spain
Local time: 19:16
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
Sep 8, 2022

When you create a termbase from an excel spreadsheet using Multiterm Convert does it matter which language occupies column A and column B?

I mean, does it matter which order the 2 language columns are placed in? For example, the column order [Column A] Spanish / [Column B] English produces the same file as [Column A] English / [Column B] Spanish?

Does a different order have any effect on the termbase that is produced in terms of practical/daily usage?

Th
... See more
When you create a termbase from an excel spreadsheet using Multiterm Convert does it matter which language occupies column A and column B?

I mean, does it matter which order the 2 language columns are placed in? For example, the column order [Column A] Spanish / [Column B] English produces the same file as [Column A] English / [Column B] Spanish?

Does a different order have any effect on the termbase that is produced in terms of practical/daily usage?

Thanks!
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Languages order does not matter, but Sep 8, 2022

In the Excel headers, better use the language names as they appear in Termbese, i.e., "English" and not "Eng" or "En". This will avoid problems.

Panopticon
Panopticon
Spain
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 8, 2022

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language order when creating a termbase from an excel spreadsheet with Multiterm

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »