Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:53
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Dec 6, 2022

Up to now a was using 2017 version. Today I got a package from my customer and saved it in the appropriate folder, but when I try to open it in 2021 the folder is empty. What's going on? In 2017 I opened it and started working as usual.

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
WorldServer Compatibility Pack? Dec 6, 2022

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/f/licensing/31986/cannot-open-wsxz-package

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I see, new version not compatible Dec 7, 2022

Just wondering, why SDL World Server issues translation packages that are not compatible with most recent software versions. And why SDL bothers to remove support from .wsxz-files and thereafter creates an add-on to restore compatibility. Left hand not knowing what right hand is doing.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Why "not compatible"? Dec 7, 2022

You need to download the above-mentioned package from your Private Store. Once you've done that, an icon appears for wsxz files. I work with version 2021 and it supports wsxz files well.
Actually this is not only the WS Comp Pack. You have to install new versions of any other plugins for every new upgrade.
They removed it because it was not often used by users but still included heavyweight components. By making this feature a separate application they relieved Trados to make it work
... See more
You need to download the above-mentioned package from your Private Store. Once you've done that, an icon appears for wsxz files. I work with version 2021 and it supports wsxz files well.
Actually this is not only the WS Comp Pack. You have to install new versions of any other plugins for every new upgrade.
They removed it because it was not often used by users but still included heavyweight components. By making this feature a separate application they relieved Trados to make it work faster. It is like Multiterm: thank god it’s a stand-alone app because I never use it. If you need it, you install it. The same applies now to the WS Comp Pack.
Collapse

Platary (X)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2021 does not see xliff.wsxz file

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »