Just installed Trados 2022 - what is my Groupshare Authentication login?
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 06:21
German to English
Dec 9, 2022

So I just upgraded from Trados 2019 to Trados 2022 yesterday.
Now I am trying to access a project from a customer via a link to Groupshare.
Trados is asking me for my "Groupshare Authentication".
What is this?
Is it customer specific? (i.e. will my customer posting the link to Groupshare need to give me specific login info?)
Or is unique to me? And if so how do I find it?

I have already tried the username and password I use for my Trados account (on th
... See more
So I just upgraded from Trados 2019 to Trados 2022 yesterday.
Trados is asking me for my "Groupshare Authentication".
What is this?
Is it customer specific? (i.e. will my customer posting the link to Groupshare need to give me specific login info?)

I have already tried the username and password I use for my Trados account (on the SDL website) and that does not work.

Thanks for any help or insights anyone can provide.
Collapse

Roy Oestensen

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 12:21
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
I would contact the client Dec 9, 2022

Rebecca Holmes wrote:
Trados is asking me for my "Groupshare Authentication". What is this?

I am not used to working with Groupshare, but when I work with client on other platforms, for instance memsource or memoQ, I need a username and password furnished from the client, and I would expect this to be the case also here. Probably the PM believes you have already received the credentials so that she doesn't need to send it to you, or perhaps she has forgotten to send them to you.

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 11:21
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Your client needs to provide you with some info Dec 9, 2022

Use your email address as login name and the password that was assigned to you from the GroupShare server's client.
Without this, you can't have access to a GroupShare project. Ask your client to provide you with these credentials.

You can do that here, after you have your client's info: log in to the GroupShare server in Studio, and then File - Setup - Servers. Click “Add” and in the dialog, enter those values:

Capturar

Hope it helps

Stepan Konev
Christine Andersen

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:21
English to Russian
Also try Windows Authentication Dec 9, 2022

When I administered GroupeShare for our project team, all users used their Windows login and password. I don't remember though, whether that type of authentication is available for everyone or assigned by GS Administrator. But you can try.

[Edited at 2022-12-09 21:55 GMT]

expressisverbis

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 12:21
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
You need instructions from the client Dec 11, 2022

Your Groupshare login is provided or agreed upon with the client, and you will presumably have different logins for different clients.

I only use Groupshare with one client, and I am instructed to use SDL authentication with a user name that I use to access their website to upload and download source and target files and invoices. Then then there is a password generated by them, which is not the one I use on the rest of their site.
This supposedly ensures that only specific tr
... See more
Your Groupshare login is provided or agreed upon with the client, and you will presumably have different logins for different clients.

I only use Groupshare with one client, and I am instructed to use SDL authentication with a user name that I use to access their website to upload and download source and target files and invoices. Then then there is a password generated by them, which is not the one I use on the rest of their site.
This supposedly ensures that only specific translators working on a relevant project can access their TMs on Groupshare.

Quite often, I cannot access the TM anyway, and have to ask the PM to send me an offline TM, but when Groupshare does work, it all goes smoothly.
Collapse

expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Just installed Trados 2022 - what is my Groupshare Authentication login?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »