Corinna Ortmann
Corinna Ortmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:56
English to German
+ ...
Dec 16, 2022

Good morning,

I have completed an alignment, and while importing it into the TM, Studio (2022) broke down.

After restarting Studio, I tried to re-open the alignment file and got an error message "Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten" (i.e. at least one error has occurred). There's no further explanation to the error.

Also the respective TM can't be opened anymore - error message same as before, also without any further details.

I restarted St
... See more
Good morning,

I have completed an alignment, and while importing it into the TM, Studio (2022) broke down.

After restarting Studio, I tried to re-open the alignment file and got an error message "Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten" (i.e. at least one error has occurred). There's no further explanation to the error.

Also the respective TM can't be opened anymore - error message same as before, also without any further details.

I restarted Studio, then rebooted the PC - but the outcome is still the same.

Is there any possibility to get the two files (TM & alignment) repaired?

It cost me about four hours work to do the alignment, and I'd rather not to it all over again (and lose als the TM which contains already a lot of entries).

I'd be deeply grateful for any ideas how to continue from here ...

Corinna
Collapse

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:56
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
notepad++ Dec 16, 2022

Not sure if it helps but you may be able open the files in notepad++ and see the content, although there will be lots of other bits of code mixed in. From there you may be able to copy and paste out what you need to a blank Word file.

Corinna Ortmann
Corinna Ortmann  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks ... Dec 16, 2022

... for the idea, unfortunately this doesn't seem to work; if I open the file in Notepad, it shows only strange characters, but no text.

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:56
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
text Dec 16, 2022

The text should be in there, but there will be code as well. It may be easier to paste from notepad++ into Word to look at the file.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Not surprised about the alignment Dec 16, 2022

The alignment is never perfect.

I am surprised what happened to your TM (you did save all alignment entries to it, right?)

It sounds like a large file (4 hours). Another reason why Trados may have messed it up (too many segments for alignment).

Have you done everything properly by saving all entries to TM? It sounds very frustrating, and I really don't have any direct piece of advice for the error, unfortunately. Hope you will sort it somehow.

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
If it still... Dec 16, 2022

...is urgent for you, please feel free to send me both files tomorrow by proz mail and I will have a look at them, because I will be working anyway tomorrow. Best regards, Matthias

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alignment and TM damaged

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »