@RWS staff on this forum: Selling / re-assigning Trados Studio 2017 Professional license
Thread poster: Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:32
English to Russian
Dec 20, 2022

As many of you may know, RWS locked out its users based in Russia. Personally, I cannot:

- upgrade to newer versions;
- update my existing version;
- submit a support ticket.

I'm taking this opportunity to get in touch with RWS staff through ProZ.

I've been a loyal Trados user since 2003, from Trados 6.5 upwards. I was one of the few indiv
... See more
As many of you may know, RWS locked out its users based in Russia. Personally, I cannot:

- upgrade to newer versions;
- update my existing version;
- submit a support ticket.

I'm taking this opportunity to get in touch with RWS staff through ProZ.

I've been a loyal Trados user since 2003, from Trados 6.5 upwards. I was one of the few individuals to buy a Professional license, and I was one of the fewer individuals to pay for a GroupShare annual subscription (2 PM + 10 translator licenses).

At this point, I want to sell / assign my Trados Studio 2017 Professional license to another user in the Netherlands. Can anyone in RWS assist me in this matter?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Vladimir
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Reposted Dec 20, 2022

I reposted this to the Trados forum, with names removed:
https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/f/licensing/44942/russian-user-want-to-sell-his-license

[Edited at 2022-12-20 15:05 GMT]

Vladimir Pochinov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Samuel, I owe you one :) Dec 20, 2022

Hopefully, they'll assist me in this transaction. Several years ago, I did it with my Freelance license with the assistance of the authorized Trados reseller in Russia. Regretfully, that Russian reseller is unable to help this time, because they can only provide training and support to existing customers now.

Vladimir Pochinov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
@Paul Filkin Dec 20, 2022

Hi Paul,

I've just read your answer on the community forum.

If I sell my license through ProZ.com Exchange, will the buyer be able to open an account with RWS using my license, or add this license if he or she has an RWS ID already?

Vladimir Pochinov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
@RWS staff -- Don't want to deal with Russian users? Just let me out, then! Dec 22, 2022

Nobody from RWS has bothered to get in touch so far either here or through other channels, such as ProZ mail, etc.

I don't think it's fair treatment of your loyal customers. Customer is king? Make the king happy, let him out! You'll take another EU-registered user on board, to replace a veteran Russian translator and former Trados supporter who brought several new users to you over the years.

Paul and other folks at RWS, I still hope for fair treatment in this situation
... See more
Nobody from RWS has bothered to get in touch so far either here or through other channels, such as ProZ mail, etc.

I don't think it's fair treatment of your loyal customers. Customer is king? Make the king happy, let him out! You'll take another EU-registered user on board, to replace a veteran Russian translator and former Trados supporter who brought several new users to you over the years.

Paul and other folks at RWS, I still hope for fair treatment in this situation.

Regards,
Vladimir
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

@RWS staff on this forum: Selling / re-assigning Trados Studio 2017 Professional license

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »