Thread poster: Elcin Demirci (X)
Elcin Demirci (X)
Elcin Demirci (X)
Türkiye
Local time: 10:02
English to Turkish
+ ...
Dec 25, 2022

I bought Trados Freelance 2022 on December 21st, 2022 and decided not to use it. Activation key is not in use. I chatted with Trados operators and sent e-mail to [email protected] for a refund, my email has not been replied. Trados operators said that the refund will be made in 5 days on 21st December and when I asked one of the operators why finance department is not writing back about the refund, she said that they are in their ... See more
I bought Trados Freelance 2022 on December 21st, 2022 and decided not to use it. Activation key is not in use. I chatted with Trados operators and sent e-mail to [email protected] for a refund, my email has not been replied. Trados operators said that the refund will be made in 5 days on 21st December and when I asked one of the operators why finance department is not writing back about the refund, she said that they are in their time interval. Then I emailed Sales Director Vicenta Ten Soriano and she also said that refund will be made in 5 days on 23rd December. I still have no refund. It is Christmas time in U.K. 26th and 27th December are banking holidays. So I am writing here in case the refund is not done in the upcoming week, too. 489 euros is a very high price in Turkey because 1 euro is nearly 20 Turkish lira. I will be in a very dire situation if it is not paid back.Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:02
German to English
Don't expect anything before January Dec 25, 2022

In much of Europe and the US, companies are short-staffed the end of December due to the holidays. Customer service activities are particularly curtailed.

Dan Lucas

Elcin Demirci (X)
Elcin Demirci (X)
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply Dec 25, 2022

Thank you for your reply. I hope they will make the refund in January. I read here a translator asked for help because she did not get a refund for 3 weeks: https://por.proz.com/forum/trados_support/84149-group_buying_still_has_not_refunded_overcharge.html#672371
I hope I will get the refund eventually. I don't know whom to a
... See more
Thank you for your reply. I hope they will make the refund in January. I read here a translator asked for help because she did not get a refund for 3 weeks: https://por.proz.com/forum/trados_support/84149-group_buying_still_has_not_refunded_overcharge.html#672371
I hope I will get the refund eventually. I don't know whom to apply and ask for help, if it is not paid, because it is an international shopping process.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:02
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
So... Dec 25, 2022

Elcin Demirci wrote:
1. I bought Trados Freelance 2022 on December 21st, 2022 and decided not to use it.
2. I chatted with Trados operators and sent e-mail to [email protected] for a refund...
3. Trados operators said [on 21 December] that the refund will be made in 5 days.

4. I asked one of the operators why finance department is not writing back about the refund, she said that they are in their time interval.

5. I emailed Sales Director Vicenta Ten Soriano and [on 23 December] she also said that refund will be made in 5 days.

So, if these "5 days" is business days only, the potential time line is:

21 Dec - Bought and then cancelled
22 Dec - day 1
23 Dec - day 2
24 Dec Saturday
25 Dec Sunday
26 Dec Holiday
27 Dec Holiday
28 Dec - day 3 / day 1
29 Dec - day 4 / day 2
30 Dec - day 5 / day 3
31 Dec Saturday
1 Jan Sunday
2 Jan - day 4
3 Jan - day 5
4 Jan

So in the worst case, you can expect your payment on either 2 January or 4 January.

Dan Lucas

Elcin Demirci (X)
Elcin Demirci (X)
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for clarification Dec 25, 2022

Thank you for clarification Mr. Murray. I will check my bank account in early January then. By the way, Merry Christmas to all, who have spared time to answer my post.

[Değişiklik saati 2022-12-25 18:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados refund

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »