Studio 2022 Find/Replace dialog box always on top?
Thread poster: Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:25
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 12, 2023

Hi folks
Does anyone know how to stop the Find/Replace dialog box from always being displayed on top?

In Studio 2017 when you clicked on another window/program the Find/Replace dialog box would then be in the background, below the clicked window/program and no longer in the way. In Studio 2022 it is always in the way (on top) so I either have to move it out of the way, or close it then open it again next time I need it.

This happens in Windows 10 and 11 so presum
... See more
Hi folks
Does anyone know how to stop the Find/Replace dialog box from always being displayed on top?

In Studio 2017 when you clicked on another window/program the Find/Replace dialog box would then be in the background, below the clicked window/program and no longer in the way. In Studio 2022 it is always in the way (on top) so I either have to move it out of the way, or close it then open it again next time I need it.

This happens in Windows 10 and 11 so presumably it's a setting or bug in Studio 2022.

Any ideas?
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Jo Jan 12, 2023

Jo Macdonald wrote:
In Studio 2017 when you clicked on another window/program the Find/Replace dialog box would then be in the background...

I had always considered that behaviour to be an annoying bug (i.e. it made it very difficult to access the Find/Replace box again after it moved to behind the Studio window).

I prefer the behaviour whereby Cancel dismisses the Find/Replace dialog, and Ctrl+F or Ctrl+H brings it up again (with the previous search still in the box).

Jo Macdonald

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here's what it looks like Jan 12, 2023

Find-replace
The Studio Find/Replace dialog box is always on top of the browser window (and every other window), also if I click in the browser window.

It's the only dialog box that does this. In Word for example the Search/Replace box goes to the background when clicking on Studio (or another program) and is displayed in the foreground when you click on Word again.

Not sure if this is what you mean Samuel but the way it works in Word makes more sense to me. Don't need to see the Studio Find/Replace dialog box in any other programs, just in Studio.

[Edited at 2023-01-12 11:05 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:25
English to Russian
Say thank you Saben Vander =) Jan 12, 2023

This behavior was discussed here.
Most probably RWS implemented
... See more
This behavior was discussed here.
Most probably RWS implemented this feature upon multiple requests.
Collapse

Sebastian Witte
Jo Macdonald

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Always on top over every other program Jan 12, 2023

Thanks Stepan and Samuel.

I can understand adding an option to keep it always on top of the Studio window, but not by default keeping it on top of every other window of other programs you might switch to with no "Off" option.

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:25
English to Russian
Half-baked or overbaked. No golden mean Jan 12, 2023

Jo Macdonald wrote:
I can understand adding an option to keep it always on top of the Studio window, but not by default keeping it on top of every other window of other programs you might switch to with no "Off" option.
I understand what you mean

Jo Macdonald

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2022 Find/Replace dialog box always on top?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »