Thread poster: bd0718
bd0718
bd0718
China
Local time: 15:59
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 14, 2023

I've ticked "Allow source editing" and "Enable merging segments across paragraph". But when I try to merge segments across paragraph, the option "Merge Segments" is still greyed out. (Merging two neighbouring segments works tho.)

BTW the two segments that I need to merge are in different pages.

[Edited at 2023-01-14 16:35 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:59
English to Russian
You can't merge scattered segments Jan 15, 2023

Merging segments across paragraphs means consecutive segments before and after the paragraph mark. It doesn't mean that you can randomly merge segments from different pages. You can merge segments 7 and 8 or 7, 8 and 9, but not 7 and 9.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to merge segments on Trados 2021

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »