Only Corporate members may post in this forum

How do translation companies meet clients?
Thread poster: AzzTranslati (X)
AzzTranslati (X)
AzzTranslati (X)  Identity Verified
Malta
Mar 19, 2013

Dear All Project Managers ,

I have been thinking about the Translation Industry in whole as a process. To start off, I am quite new to the business and seeing that most professional translators get their jobs from this (PROZ) website, then from where do the agencies get/bid for translation work/clients?

I have worked for several years as a freelancer for agencies, but I do wonder how for example a Japanese agency has clients from Poland. The main question is, how do the
... See more
Dear All Project Managers ,

I have been thinking about the Translation Industry in whole as a process. To start off, I am quite new to the business and seeing that most professional translators get their jobs from this (PROZ) website, then from where do the agencies get/bid for translation work/clients?

I have worked for several years as a freelancer for agencies, but I do wonder how for example a Japanese agency has clients from Poland. The main question is, how do they manage to get new long-term clients, and from where do they manage to get new clients?

Your answers are much appreciated for this topic.

Best Regards,

Adam
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 16:41
SITE FOUNDER
One place Mar 20, 2013

Hi Adam,

I don't know much about how translation companies meet their clients in general. I can say that some number of translation companies meet some number of clients through the corporate directory on this site. About 500 people search that per day. I have been told by owners of a few reasonably sized companies that they have grown the majority of their clientele through ProZ.com.

Abdikhani Mohamed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do translation companies meet clients?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »