Thread poster: TAOUFIK HEDFI
TAOUFIK HEDFI
TAOUFIK HEDFI
Local time: 15:26
Arabic to English
+ ...
Mar 3, 2008

Hi

Does anyone know how to convert a PDF in Arabic into Word Arabic? Or does such programme exist?

Thank you

arieramuslim

Timothy Gregory
Timothy Gregory  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:26
Arabic to English
Classic technical answer... Mar 4, 2008

it depends.

Hi Taoufik,

Some PDFs contain real Arabic text behind the image they present, some are garbled nonsense, and some are an image without text.

This depends primarily on how the PDF is made.

In my experience the only PDFs that produce extract-friendly Arabic text are those created with the Middle East version of Adobe Acrobat (or one of the other Adobe ME tools like InDesign).

I hope this helps on your way to an answer...
... See more
it depends.

Hi Taoufik,

Some PDFs contain real Arabic text behind the image they present, some are garbled nonsense, and some are an image without text.

This depends primarily on how the PDF is made.

In my experience the only PDFs that produce extract-friendly Arabic text are those created with the Middle East version of Adobe Acrobat (or one of the other Adobe ME tools like InDesign).

I hope this helps on your way to an answer...

--tag
Collapse

kousha
kousha
Local time: 17:56
How to convert PDF in Arabic to Word Arabic Jan 12, 2010

Hi

The expensive way is to purchase IRIS 11 Middle-East version. It will recognize PDF and many image formats. But is still poor in recognition.

The FREE way is to save your PDF document as text in Acrobat Reader (version 9 does it). Then open it with notepad, wordpad, or Word. MS-Word brings up the convert to Arabic dialog before opening the file. It is poor and plain, but works good for simple texts of any file size.

Regards
Akbar from Iran

Munther alhimedi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

convert PDF in Arabic to Word Arabic

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »