Translating Final Draft (.fdx) English to Czech
Thread poster: John Pachl
John Pachl
John Pachl
Czech Republic
Czech to English
+ ...
Dec 30, 2021

I read an old post here (2013) about how to translate a screenplay written in Final Draft (.fdx) and keep the formatting the same.

The instructions were:

— change the .fdx to .xml

— import the .xml into memoQ

— translate in memoQ

— change it back to .fdx

However, I do not see any place in memoQ for importing a file. I don’t see sny dashboard.

Does anyone know a way to translate a .fdx and keep t
... See more
I read an old post here (2013) about how to translate a screenplay written in Final Draft (.fdx) and keep the formatting the same.

The instructions were:

— change the .fdx to .xml

— import the .xml into memoQ

— translate in memoQ

— change it back to .fdx

However, I do not see any place in memoQ for importing a file. I don’t see sny dashboard.

Does anyone know a way to translate a .fdx and keep the formatting? I’m translating English to Czech.

If it matters, I’m using a Mac, but I could find someone with a PC.
Collapse

Dolorem sint. (X)
Johnson Obadare

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Final Draft (.fdx) English to Czech

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »