Mulyadi Subali
Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
أندونيسيا
Local time: 08:48
عضو
أنجليزي إلى أندونوسي
+ ...
Mar 26, 2007

i'm trying out dvx. i got the supposedly newest version, 7.0.284. but from the 'about' page, it shows that the version was released in 2003. is atril still operational?
and also from the getting started guide, it says that it supports ooo, but then i realized it's only ooo version 1, not the latest version 2. can anyone enlighten me on this?

Eugenia Tumanova
Eugenia Tumanova  Identity Verified
الولايات المتحدة
روسي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Deja Vu is definitely still here Mar 26, 2007

Mine also says 1993-2003, but I downloaded the latest update not long ago. The DejaVu support community is quite active too: check out the yahoo group with the OO question.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
الولايات المتحدة
Local time: 21:48
ألماني إلى أنجليزي
DVX coming out with an update Mar 26, 2007

Apparently within the next few weeks Atril, the developer of DVX, will issue an update to accommodate the Vista OS as well as several additional file formats.

Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
بولندا
Local time: 03:48
أنجليزي إلى بولندي
+ ...
DVX and updates Mar 26, 2007

It was in 2003 when the DVX was released. Since that time there have been "only" updates available (for free) and the date you refer to is the release date of DVX.
IMHO it is a far better and fair approach than buying "upgrades" every year (which are not always upgrades at all... like for the other market leading CAT).
DVX is definitely there and doing well.
Enjoy using it!

Stake

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
ألمانيا
Local time: 03:48
ألماني إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Next version imminent Mar 26, 2007

The next release, which has been announced for the end of this month, is already in beta testing (I know, I'm already using it). The beta version works pretty well, with just a couple of minor blips to sort out.

Daniel Benito of Atril announced the build on the list at Yahoogroups a few weeks ago and wrote:

I'm sure all of you will be glad to know that we're about to release a new build of Déjà Vu X. In fact, there is so much new functionality in it that we're going from version 7.0 to 7.5. Among the new things you will find are:

- Full support for Windows Vista
- Support for the new Office 2007 XML formats
- Support for Adobe InDesign CS2 INX
- Support for OpenOffice 2.0 (OpenDocument)
- Support for SDLX ITD files (in projects)
- Support for RESX (.NET resources)
- Support for our new TM Server
- Importing MultiTerm termbases
- Importing SDLX translation memories

In addition to that, we have improved a number of existing features, especially Assemble and Propagate.

We are currently at build 7.5.295, which is being tested internally. A beta build will be released before the end of the week and will be made available to beta testers, and newer beta builds will be released as testing progresses. Version 7.5 will be released on March 30th.

In parallel, we are working on the release of our TM Server - a centralized, SQL-based translation memory and terminology server which will integrate seamlessly with Déjà Vu X 7.5 and provide robust sharing and storage capabilities to larger groups of translators, beyond what the current COM+ based
server can do. The scheduled release date for the TM Server is April 27th.

Mulyadi Subali
أندونيسيا
عضو
أنجليزي إلى أندونوسي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
dvx y! group Mar 27, 2007

thanks a lot guys. can anyone point out the link to yahoogroups of dvx?

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
الولايات المتحدة
Local time: 21:48
عضو (2000)
فرنسي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...

مشرف
To subscribe to DV group Mar 27, 2007

The name of the list is dejavu-l

You can locate it on the Groups.yahoo site.

Mulyadi Subali
أندونيسيا
عضو
أنجليزي إلى أندونوسي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
that's quick Mar 27, 2007

thanks yolanda...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

مشرفو هذا المنتدى
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what's the story on dvx?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »