Andrew Wright (X)
United States
Local time: 21:29
English
TOPIC STARTER
My fault Feb 4, 2006

Katalin Horvath McClure wrote:

Andrew,
I don't know what is going on, but if I go to any topics in the Japanese forum that has Japanese text posted (either in the title or inside the body of the posting), I simply cannot see ANYTHING there. No garbled characters, just empty space.
The encoding is automatically set to Unicode, when I check it in my browser (I use Netscape), and even if I manually switch to any of the Japanese encoding settings, I still cannot see anything.
If this has to do with setting you made to my account, please reset them, as I cannot read anything that I used to be able to read.
Thanks
Katalin

P.S: I just tried the same thing with Internet Explorer, it has the same problem, so it is not the browser.

[Edited at 2006-02-04 18:23]

Sorry about that, I made some hasty changes earlier that messed up character encoding detection. It should be back to normal now.

Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright (X)
Andrew Wright (X)
United States
English
TOPIC STARTER
Added Feb 4, 2006

Chandru wrote:

I have faced difficulty in reading Japanese characters which encounters Mijibake coding. I also would like to volunteer for the program Character set testing, if i am not joining the tese too late.

I added you to the list, though I think this forum might be ready to switch over to unicode entirely.

Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright (X)
Andrew Wright (X)
United States
English
TOPIC STARTER
Japanese forum switched completely Feb 11, 2006

Hello again everyone,

I've switched the forum from having a few users viewing it in Unicode mode to that being the default. I've also enabled the conversion options for posts in which the auto-conversion fails on.

For more information on all this see the general post here: http://www.proz.com/post/306953#306953

As always, if you notice any problems in the sy
... See more
Hello again everyone,

I've switched the forum from having a few users viewing it in Unicode mode to that being the default. I've also enabled the conversion options for posts in which the auto-conversion fails on.

For more information on all this see the general post here: http://www.proz.com/post/306953#306953

As always, if you notice any problems in the system let me know.

Andrew Wright
Collapse

Chandrasekaran Rangaraj
Chandrasekaran Rangaraj
India
Local time: 06:59
English to Japanese
+ ...
Can’t read Japanese characters Feb 14, 2006

I am using IE7 (Beta). When I enter Kudos or Job forum the Japanese characters look jumbled. I click the right mouse and see that the default encoding is “Auto-select”. I change the encoding to “Unicode (UTF)”. Then I get another type of jumbled characters. Finally I changed to “Japanese (Auto-select)” and then only able to read. To read the Japanese characters every time I have to switch over the encoding to “Japanese (Auto-select)”. Can you tell me where could be the problem?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Character set testing

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »